Sue Bird is an American basketball player who has won numerous golds with the United States. Many people are speculating that she is gay as she has no boyfriends as of now. Well, we'll see about that.
Many of the basketball fans all around the country are hoping that the beautiful and gorgeous basketball player Sue Bird will make her comeback for the national team.
Sue has always been open about her personal life but one thing that she has always try to hide is her dating history or if she has a boyfriend.
Questions are being raised about her sexual orientation. Well, before jumping to the conclusions that she's lesbian let's scroll down for more facts about her.
Sue Bird, A Superior Athlete is not dating anyone and rumored to be a lesbian
Sue Bird was once in a relationship with Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter in the early 2000s and both of them were a thing back then. They attended various red carpet even together at that time.
Sue Bird with Nick Carter, Source: Who Dated Who
Currently, Sue Bird is in a relationship with Basketball. Well, after reading that you may have guessed she is single.
Well, Sue is unbelievably strict about her privacy but many people are thinking that there is no way that a hot girl like her can be single.
Source: Tiger Droppings
She has attended Syosset High school with many popular personalities like actress Natalie Portman, Judd Apatow, and singer Idina Menzel.
Sue said that apart from being a famous basketball player, she first shot to fame after it was revealed that she attended high school with these actors.
It may come as a surprise to many of you but Sue is single. Though she is now in her late 30s yet it looks like that she is enjoying her singlehood.
She is in love with her older sister daughter's Barnett as her pictures are all over her Instagram account.
Judging by that we can clearly say that she loves children and she may be wishing secretly to raise her own family sometimes sooner.
Many websites are claiming that she is lesbian, but there is no evident proof about that. Ans it really does not matter what her sexual preference is.
Our society has come a long way from being stereotypical about sexual orientation to be open about everything so, if she's a lesbian then she'll sure come out of the closet with a bang!
Sue's amazing career
She is one of the few sports players who has won 4 Golds in Olympics while playing for the national team.
Similarly, she has also participated in Olympics games since 2004 Athens Olympics and that's why many of her fans are expecting that the 36-years-old should participate in the 2020 Olympics as well.
The new head coach of the US Female Basketball team Dawn Staley has said that Sue will participate in the 2020 Olympics. She said:
"My gut feeling is yes,"
Staley who has played with Sue knows her better than anyone and her never ending spirit of winning will not fade away that easily.
Well, here's hoping that Sue will play in Tokyo and win another gold for our country and make us more proud.
Source: Seattle Times
Quick facts about Sue Bird
- Born and raised in Syosset, New York, Sue Bird is the renowned American Professional basketball player for the Seattle Storm for WNBA.
- Her parents Herschel Bird and Nancy Bird gave birth to two daughters, Jen, her elder sister and then Sue.
- She's of mixed descent as her father is Italian and mother is American.
- She attended Syosset High School and started playing basketball.
- Enrolled at Christ the King Regional High School and played for New York State Championship which she won.
- She has won New York State Player of the Year and New York Daily News Player of the Year and was also named WBCA All American.
- She played against USA Basketball and won gold medal in 2000 Jones Cup Team.
- She is one of nine women to win an Olympic Gold Medal, an NCAA Championship, and a WNBA Championship.
- She's 1.75 m tall.
- Rumored to be a lesbian as news of her having a boyfriend in heard.
- Has an estimated net worth of $5 million and her annual salary is $350,000.
For more recent news and updates, keep following our page!