Long-Time Fox News Contributor And Legendary Conservative Writer, Charles Krauthammer Dies
- Charles Krauthammer, Washington Post columnist and long-time Fox News contributor, died.
- Krauthammer's son, Daniel Krauthammer confirmed his death and revealed the cause of death as intestinal cancer, but he denied to give any further information.
- Krauthammer had undergone a surgery to remove the cancerous tumor from his intestine in August 2017.
- He wrote a heartbreaking letter to his colleagues and friends announcing his near-death.
- In the letter, he revealed the return of intestinal cancer and also said the doctors would only give him a few weeks of life.
Long-time Fox News personality and veteran conservative writer, Charles Krauthammer died on Thursday, 21st June. The Washington Post confirmed Krauthammer's death. He was 68.
Post reported Krauthammer's son, Daniel Krauthammer revealed his father died of small-intestinal cancer but declined to provide any further information.
The heartbreaking news comes just weeks after he wrote an emotional letter to his colleagues, friends, and viewers on June 8 which said:
I believe that the pursuit of truth and right ideas through honest debate and a rigorous argument is a noble undertaking.
He further wrote,
I am grateful to have played a small role in the conversations that have helped guide this extraordinary nation's destiny. I leave this life with no regrets. It was a wonderful life--full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living.
Fellow workers and his friends took to Twitter expressing their sorrow on Krauthammer's demise. One of his best friends, Bret Baier wrote "R.I.P. good friend. I am sure you will be owning the panel discussion in heaven as well."
R.I.P. good friend. I am sure you will be owning the panel discussion in heaven as well. And we’ll make sure your wise words and thoughts - your legacy - will live on here @krauthammer— Bret Baier (@BretBaier) June 21, 2018
A political analyst on Fox News, Brit Hume also tweeted depicting it as "Terribly sad news."
Terribly sad news. The great Charles Krauthammer has died.— Brit Hume (@brithume) June 21, 2018
Krauthammer underwent a surgery to remove the cancerous tumor from his small intestine in August 2017. However, he revealed that his cancer had returned and the doctors gave him only a few weeks to live in the letter on June 8.
Krauthammer is survived by his wife Robyn Trethewey Krauthammer, and a son, Daniel Krauthammer. Krauthammer and Trethewey were married since 1974 and they had a child together. Krauthammer also had a brother, Marcel Krauthammer who died in 2006.