American singer Tina Turner is married her second husband Erwin Bach in 2013 with almost 16 years gap. Well, the fact that love sees no difference in age or race is proved by this wonderful couple.
She married her music trainer Ike Turner in the past; faced lots of abuse in the relationship. Despite the unstable relationship, she got two adorable children from her previous marriage. Now she's happy with her second husband and children.
Know more interesting facts about her personal life over here.
Tina Turner: Her Married Life with Second Husband Erwin Bach
Tina,77 and music executive Erwin,61 wedded in July 2013 after a 27-year of the romantic relationship.
The veteran soul singer and German record company executive Bach exchanged vows on the shores of Lake Zurich in Switzerland.
Days after their marriage, the couple finally threw a grand star-studded party at the lakeside estate. Among 120 guests, Oprah Winfrey, Giorgio Armani, David Bowie, Eros Rmazzotti and Sade celebrated the event.
The couple's estate was decorated with 70,000 red and yellow roses from Holland. Men wore black tie and women were specially requested to wear white and beige.
Tina, on the other hand, wore a gown designed by Italian fashion giant Giorgio Armani.
The singer met her Bach for the first time in 1985. They were initially friends; eventually dated the following year.
It's Turner's second and Bach's first marriage. They are very happy and satisfied in their marital life.
Tina Turner: Know About Her First Marriage
Tina married Ike Turner in the year 1962. They were just good friends "like siblings" in the beginning. Ike has, in fact, a great role in the successful professional life of Tina.
Tina achieved musical training from the guy himself. They faced many disturbances subsequently they divorced in 1976. Tina even claimed a series of domestic violence she faced with the guy.
Their tumultuous relationship was better portrayed in the 1993 biopic, What's Love Got to Do with it.
The singer has two children, Craig, from a relationship with late saxophonist Raymond Hill in 1958 and Ronald, her only child with Ike.
Quick Facts about Tina Turner
- Born on 26 November 1939 in Nutbush, Tennessee to the family of Zelma Priscilla and Floyd Richard Tennessee.
- Is an African-American descent, with approximately 33% European and 1% Native American ancestry.
- Sometimes she referred herself a Buddhist-Baptist.
- Graduated from Summer High School in 1958.
- Worked as a nurse's aide at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
- She and her sister began their career as a singer in nightclubs in the St. Louis and East St. Louis areas around this time.
- Recorded her first song in the studio in 1958, singing background under the name "Little Ann" on the Ike Turner's song "Box Top" with singer Carlson Oliver.
- "A Fool in Love" released in July 1960 was an ultimate hit peaking at number 2 on the Hot R & B Sides.
- Her second pop hit "It's Gonna Work Out Fine" in 1961; nominated a Grammy Award for Best Rock and Roll Performance.
- Released her first solo album, Tina Turns the Country On!, winning a Grammy nomination.
- The cover of Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" peaked the European Charts with a top 10 placement in the United Kingdom and 26th on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Won three competitive and three honorary achievement Grammy Awards.
- Bryan Adams once praised her performance on the Private Dance Tour.
- At the age of 73, she became the oldest person to be featured on the front cover of Vogue.
- Tina's net worth is estimated to be around $250 million. Combining singles and albums Tina Turner has sold over $200 million records worldwide.
For more updates and current gossip of celebs visit our official page.