Deontay Wilder is a WBC heavyweight title since 2015 and a prolific boxer. Nicknamed as "the Bronze Bomber"; Wilder is known for finishing his bouts via knockouts. His knockout-to-win ratio stands at 98%. Recently, Wilder is in the news for being offered around $50 million for the fight with English boxer Anthony Joshua for the title unification.
Wilder is regarded as the world's second-best active heavyweight boxer. In his prolific career, he has fetched millions of dollars from prize money and endorsements.
Let's get further details about the lifestyle and net worth of this prolific boxing sensation, that has rocked the boxing world.
What Is The Total Net Worth Of Deontay Wilder?
The total net worth of boxer Deontay Wilder is estimated to be around $16 million. He accumulated such wealth from his boxing career, properties, brand endorsements, public appearances, signings, merchandise sales, etc.
In 2017, he racked in $1.4 million from his bout against Bermane Stiverne. His net worth was around $10 million in 2016/17.
Wilder is considered as one of the highest-earning heavy-weight boxers in 2018; as he was paid handsomely not only for his fights but also for endorsing products.
Had he not turned down £3m to fight Dillian Whyte, his net worth would have been more than $16 million.
How Much Salary Does He Make From His Boxing Career?
From his boxing career only, Wilder earns around $1.4 million annually. In 2018, he earned about $2.1 million by defeating Luis Ortiz for Showtime Boxing main event.
While Ortiz earned $500,000 for the same fight. Wilder would have made $4.5 million for a 2016 fight against Alexander Povetkin, but the fight was canceled as Povetkin failed the drug test.
Wilder was awarded $1.4 million and Stiverne earned $506,250: at the conclusion of their fight. He earned $1.5 million from his January fight against Artur Szpilka in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Here is the link to his bout against Luis Ortiz that earned him $1.4 million.
Details Of Lifestyle And Property Of Deontay Wilder
As per the report, Deontay Wilder owns a house in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, the USA. He enjoys a luxurious lifestyle; with all the glitterati that his wealth can afford. Being one of the wealthiest professional boxers in America, his enjoys a royal lifestyle.
He owns dozens of vehicles from multi-national brands such as Mercedez Benz, Rolls Royce, Ford, Toyota, Chevrolet, and Infiniti. He also owns a Lamborghini with Gator-skin design worth $550K.
It is also speculated that he owns state-of-the-art buildings in an undisclosed location; comprising of the gym, home theatres, recreation center, fully furnished bedrooms and bathrooms, lounges, pools, spas, saunas, etc.
He likes to wear expensive designer clothes, shoes and boxing gears. It is rumored that he has separate rooms to store his gears, shoes, clothes, perfumes and other essentials.
He also enjoys the vacations to various top destinations like Miami, Maui and other countries with his family members.
Quick Facts: Deontay Wilder
- Born on Oct 22, 1985, to father Gary Wilder and mother Deborah Wilder.
- Belongs to American ethnicity.
- Wilder has two daughters named Ava and Naieye and two sons with his ex-wife Jessica Scales-Wilder.
- Wilder has spent more than 1000 hours to have his thigh tattooed.
- Wilder is in a relationship with Telli Swift.
- To cover his daughter's medical expenses, he worked at IHOP, Red Lobster and Budweiser; after dropping out of college.
- At the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, he was one of the athletes chosen to model for Ralph Lauren.
- On the birthdays of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Muhammad Ali, he won his WBC heavyweight title.
- During his clash with Bermance Stiverne, he bent the metal rods in his surgically-repaired right hand.
- He teaches boxing skills to the children and supports Coffeyville gym for the kids.
- He has written children's book about winning the heavyweight championship.