American viewers might be familiar with Cher Calvin as the newscaster who broadcasts news in the evening at KTLA5. However many fans might not be aware that Filipino-American is also an actress. So, read on to learn similar unknown facets of this multi-talented personality.
Is Cher Calvin In a Relationship?
As per the survey conducted by Vault.com in 2016, half of the American professionals participate in an office romance. Well, it turns out Cher Calvin also falls in the same category as she is currently dating her co-worker Aki Balboa.
The news reporter and her boyfriend knew one another for a long time, but they started dating only from 2017. Since the affair, the pair is open about their relationship and regularly share lovey-dovey pictures on their social media accounts. More to that, Cher's lover has also met her father and cousin, as well.
The pair, though, is head over heels over one another, but no marriage or engagement rumors are going as of now. Furthermore, it seems like the wedding bells will not ring anytime soon.
New York-born has mentioned in interviews that she had many serious relationship in the past and even exchanged engagements rings. However, she never was able to take the big step of the wedding. Hopefully, it turns out to be different this time, and the Emmy Award-winning journalist finally enjoys marital bliss.
Cher Calvin Career and Net-Worth
Cher Calvin currently anchors KTLA5 News at 6, 6:30. 10 and 11 on weeknights. Before that, she co-anchored weekend evening news as well as KTLA's morning show.
On average, a News anchor in Los Angeles earns $48, 431 a year. Since Calvin is a veteran, there is no doubt the Golden Mike Winner is making much higher than the average pay.
Calvin also has worked in Manila, the Philippines, at the network ABS-CBN. While there, she worked as evening new anchor, hosted a lifestyle magazine show "F" and weekly political roundtable talk show "Points of View."
The veteran reporter's career highlights include interviewing Philippines President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, former Philippines President Fidel Ramos, and Prince Albert II of Monaco.
Earning As Actress
The real-life news reporter loves to play the reel reporter as well. Cher has worked as a anchorwoman in "Criminal Minds," "Pandemic," and "American Crime Story."
One of her best-known projects is a Megahit movie, "Hancock." The film, which featured A-listers such as Will Smith, Charlize Theron, and Jason Bateman, earned $624 million against the budget of $150 million. In this film also she was in the role of reporter.
Living The Rich Life
As of 2019, Cher Calvin holds an overall net worth of $500,000. Scrolling through her Instagram, one can see the 45-year-old lives a luxurious lifestyle.
In addition to that, Calvin owns a house in Los Angeles and drives a convertible BMW. The average price of a 2018 BMW Convertible is $21000.
Quick Facts: Cher Calvin
- Cher was born in New York City, USA, but lived in the Philippines for five years from 1998-2003.
- Her father is Filipino actor Roger Calvin.
- Her mother, Delia Calvin, a Psychiatrist, died of cancer when she was twenty years old.
- Cher graduated from Marymount School of New York in 1992.
- She gained a BA degree in broadcast journalism from New York University.
- She is fluent in Tagalog.
- At first, Calvin wanted to be a doctor, just like her mom. She tried NYU Pre-Med but was not accepted.
- She is involved with charity Asians for Miracle Marrow Matches(A3M)
- Currently, Cher is the Vice President of LA PressClub.
- She considers herself a World explorer. As of now, she has been to 50 countries.
- Owns a dog named Sugar.
- Her journalism career began as a news desk assistant editor for Time Magazine.
- She has an account on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. She is most active on Instagram.
Cher Calvin Affairs
First Affair with Aki Balboa
Aki Balboa works in KTLA 5. He and Cher Calvin were friends before dating. They are open about their relationship.