Cindi Knight is a former American actress who came to prominence after marrying a famous Hollywood actor, Andy Griffith. Having worked as a teacher, in the past, she acted in a couple of films like Matt Houston and Murder in Coweta County.
Cindi Knight Personal Life; What About Her Married Life
American Cindi Knight is the widow of Andy Griffith. Her late spouse was an American actor, comedian, television producer, writer, and gospel singer and most prominent for "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Matlock."
The pair met for the first time during the shoot of the film, "Murder in Coweta County" in 1982. After dating for almost a year, the couple decided to get hitched in the presence of their close ones on April 12, 1983.
Since then, the two lived a happy married life for many years without any sort of controversies and conflicts in their marriage. Sadly their long marriage of 29 years ended with the passing of the "Matlock" star's death on July 3, 2012, due to heart attack.
Cindi was Andy's third wife. Andy firstly married Barbara Bray Edwards on August 22, 1949. They adopted two children a son, Sam Griffith, and daughter Dixie Nann Griffith.
The "A Face in the Crowd" actor married for the second time with his wife, Solica Cassuto, in 1973 and divorced in 1981.
The actress kept her life private as she far away from media limelight and social media platforms.
Cindi Knight's Net Worth
The actress holds an estimated net worth of $5 million. She earned her wealth thanks to her profession as a teacher.
On the other hand, her late husband, Andy Griffith's net worth is estimated to be around $60 million from his successful movie carriers. Furthermore, Andy's house is situated at Mount Airy, United States, and costs somewhere $275,000.
Quick Facts: Cindi Knight
- Cindi Knight was born in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Her father Bobby Knight and mother Muriel Knight were both teachers in the Duval County school.
- She completed her graduated from Terry Parker High School and Jacksonville University.
- As a teacher, she worked as an English teacher at Wolfson High School.
- In 1980, she moved to Los Angeles, where she played a minor role in a TV film, Matt Houston.
- Cindi also portrayed the role of Julia Turner in the movie "Murder in Coweta County."