While many celebrities get recognized by their faces, some are identified by their voice, and one such talented man whom people knew by his voice was Keiji Fujiwara. The voice actor sparkled the anime world with his unique voice in his thirty-three years of career. Some of his famous works are in Crayon Shin-chan, Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka seven, Hunter x Hunter, and Ao no Exorcist.
Keiji Fujiwara's Death
On April 17, news came out that Keiji Fujiwara has passed away. His founded agency Air Agency announced his demise due to cancer on April 12, 2020.
The agency, however, did not specify what kind of cancer led to his death. A few years ago, in 2016, the multi-talented actor took a short break from his works to undergo medical treatment for his health.
The Japanese national was only 55 years old at the time of his passing.
Keiji Fujiwara's Personal Life; Was He Married?
Getting a full grasp of Japanese celebrities has always been a tough task, especially when it is the life of voice actors. It was also the same for Keiji Fujiwara, who lived an incredibly low-profile life, and it might not be that surprising thing for many since most of the Japanese anime voice actors live a low-key lifestyle.
Whether he was married or dating anyone before his death is not learned yet. But the fact that there is no news or information about him having a wife or girlfriend (if he ever had) indicates he was single.
The "Hunter x Hunter" voice actor was not active on social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook as well.
Keiji Fujiwara's Net Worth
Keiji Fujiwara had a net worth of $1 million from his successful career as a voice actor. By comparison, the American voice actor Phil LaMarr holds a net worth of $3 million, as of 2020.
In his distinguished voice acting career, the late celeb gave his voice for many famous characters. But his most renowned work has to be in the anime series Crayon Shin-Chan in which he voiced the role of Hiroshi Nohara.
Check out the clip of Keiji Fujiwara voiced character Maes Hughes in "Full Metal Alchemist"!
Fujiwara's other notable work was as Maes Hughes in "Fullmetal Alchemist," Alex in "Kingdom Hearts," Shiro Fujimoto in "Ao no Exorcist," Esidisi in "JoJo's Bizzare Adventure."
Quick Facts: Keiji Fujiwara
- Keiji Fujiwara was born in Tokyo but raised in Iwate Prefecture, located northeastern coast of Honshu.
- During his high school, he was a vocalist in the band, which he founded with his friend and "The Collectors" guitarist Kotaro Furuichi.
- His first-ever voice acting was in the animation movie "M.D. Geist" as Hans in 1986.
- Keiji also voiced the Tony star in the American animated series, "Iron Man."
- He also served as a narrator in various television shows like "Ishikawa Ryo Special RESPECT," "Mirai Seiki Zipangu," "Bakushou Gakuen Nasebara-ru," and many others.
- In the animated series "Batman," he voiced the supervillain The Joker.
- In November 2006, the 1.75 meters tall man founded Air Agency, where she served as its representative director until his demise.
- Since 2008, he was also a regular lecturer at the Japan Newart College.