Korean-American chef, Roy Choi who is best known as the creator of the gourmet Korean-Mexican taco truck 'Kogi'. He is also known as the owner of popular restaurants like 'Chego!', 'Sunny Spot', and 'A-Frame'. He was named as one of the top ten "Best New Chefs" of 2010 by 'Food and Wine' magazine.
Roy Choi's Personal Life; Is She Dating a Girlfriend?
Roy Choi is possibly single as of now. The chef seems focused on his career as he is out of any dating and marital relationships.
Choi, however, is a proud father of his only child, who is a daughter named Kaelyn Choi. Choi is a private person in terms of his personal life and who is the mother of his child is yet to be discovered.
Choi is happily single as of now. Additionally, the Chef was addicted to many bad kinds of stuff like using Crack cocaine, smoking marijuana and gambling for over three years. But the bright side is that he is currently addicted to cooking food which helps to bring out a smile on peoples faces.
What is the Net Worth of Roy Choi? Know About His Earnings, Salary
Roy Choi holds a net worth of $1 million, all thanks to his career as a chef. In addition, the average salary of a chef is $49,100-$95,700 per year in the United States.
Roy started his career as a journeyman hotel chef since the mid-1990s. In 2001, he started working for Hilton Hotels and after six years of work, he was promoted as chef de cuisine at the Beverly Hilton in 2007. He also worked at the Embassy Suites in Sacramento and the Rock Sugar Pan Asian Kitchen in Los Angeles.
In 2008, Choi started his own company named Kogi with partners Mark Manugera and his wife, Caroline Shin-Manguera. And as of now, he runs several restaurants in Los Angeles including Chego!, Sunny Spot, and A-Frame. Besides, he also owns a restaurant named Best Friend in Vegas. What's more, the chef was named as one of the top ten "Best New Chefs" of 2010 by Food and Wine magazine.
Choi is also a writer who released his autobiography called L.A. Son: My Life, My City, My Food in November of 2013. Following that, the book costs $14.49 for Kindle and $31.50 Hardcover. Besides, Choi also produced and hosted a TV Series titled Broken Bread on Tastemade and KCET in Los Angeles in 2019.
Quick Facts of Roy Choi
- Roy Choi was born on born 24 February 1970 (age-49 years as of 2019) in Seoul, South Korea as Roy S Choi.
- He holds both Korean and American nationality and belongs to the Pisces star sign.
- His father is Soo Myung Choi and mother is Jai Nam Choi.
- He studied at the Southern California Military Academy in Signal Hill, California. Later he graduated with a bachelor's degree in philosophy from the California State University.
- Choi also joined Western State University law school but dropped out after one semester.
- He is active on media sites like Twitter and Facebook where he gathered over 62.5k+ followers and 34.7k+ followers as of 2019.
- He stands at a height of 5 feet and 6 inches with a pair of brown eyes and black.
Visit marriedwiki.com/wiki for more celebrity biographies and news.