If you have not been living under a rock, then you might have known or at least heard that a new Miss World has been crowned. The beautiful lady is none other than Miss Jamaica 2019, Toni Ann Singh. A Florida State University graduate, the talented lady, took center stage and proved to the world that everyone is unique and beautiful the way they are.
Is Miss World In Love With Anyone?
The beautiful lady is possibly single right now. It has only been a short time since she came to prominence and likewise caught the media and public's eyes; therefore, not much has been learned about her love life.
Scrolling down her Instagram account, there is not a single post where she has been in lovey-dovey with any man. Hopefully, she will open about her relationship status in the coming days.
Toni is a beautiful lady, and after winning the covenant Miss World Crown no one can question her talents. She might have already received hundreds if not thousands of purposes from guys all around the world.
Winning The Miss World
On December 14, 2019, a new Miss World was crowned, and she is 23-year-old Toni Ann Singh from Jamaica. The next day, Singh made headlines all around the world after winning the honorable Miss World Crown. The international beauty pageant was held in London, England and was hosted by British television personality, Piers Morgan.
Check out the clip of Toni-Ann Singh being crowned the Miss World 2019!
Toni's crowning was a historic moment for many reasons, one of which is she became the first black woman since Agbani Darego of Nigeria, who won back in 2001. Moreover, her win also marked 2019 the first-ever year that black women won the two most prestigious beauty pageant titles in the world.
After the host called out Jamaica as the winner, she was left speechless with joy and happiness. Moments later, last year's Miss World winner Vanessa Poncer de Leon of Mexico put her the coveted crown.
Dedicating her special moment, Toni shared a lengthy post on her Instagram.
"My Jamaica, sweet Jamaica🇯🇲we did it! Wah, we seh? LIKKLE BUT WE TALLAWAH. My heart is filled with love and gratitude. Thank you so much for believing in me. You pushed me to believe in myself. I am not only honored but humbled to be the 69th Miss World. Thank you to my family and to my friends. The love and support you poured into me now allow me to pour into the world."
The Jamaican beauty also dedicated some words to her mother:
"My mother @jahrinebailey, I love you I love you I love you. I wish to become even half the woman you are. You are my strength, my number one supporter/cheerleader/fan, and my absolute best friend."
At the end of the post, she concluded her post by thanking God for allowing her to walk the path towards my purpose. It has been an incredible past few days for the African continent and our best of wishes and big congratulations to the lovely Toni Ann Singh.
Toni Ann Singh's Net Worth
Toni has a net worth of $100,000, but as newly crowned Miss World, her wealth is sure to increase in the future. In contrast, former Miss World Priyanka Chopra boasts a net worth of $8 million.
As the winner of Miss World 2019, she is sure to receive a hefty paycheck along with other benefits like sponsorship of all brands which participated in the show, free cosmetics for a year from top-brands, various gift hampers, advertisement deals, and many more.
This one year will be one heck of a ride in the charming lady's life. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and surely she won't let it go like that and will relish it to the fullest!
Quick Facts: Toni Ann Singh
- Toni Ann Singh was born in Morant Bay, Jamaica.
- She is the daughter of African-Caribbean descent mother Jahrine Bailey and Indo-Carribean descent father, Bradshaw Singh.
- At the age of nine, her parents migrated to the US and started living in Florida.
- Toni attended and graduated from Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, with a degree in Women's Studies and Psychology.
- The 1.67 meters tall lady served as the president of the Caribbean students association.
- She is the fourth woman from Jamaica ever to win the Miss World title.
- Toni has considered a career as a professional singer.
- She sang Whitney Houston's hit singles, "I Have Nothing."
- She aspires to become a doctor.
- Toni spends her free time singing, cooking, vlogging, volunteering, and singing.
- The lovely lady considers her mother as the main source of her inspiration and credits her for supporting her to pursue her dreams.