Tony Balkissoon is a professional lawyer best known as the Vice President and Executive Counsel at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. People recognize Tony Balkissoon as the son of politician Bas Balkisson. In other words, he is also well known for being the husband of Laura Jarrett, CNN justice reporter.
Tony Balkissoon - Married to Wife Laura Jarrett
Tony Balkissoon is married to wife Laura Jarrett since the year 2012 who is a Lawyer by profession. The couple met at Harvard Law School and fell in love shortly after. And, after dating a couple of months, Tony and his then-girlfriend exchanged vows in the presence of friends and family members.
Moreover, Balkinson became engaged to his lady love, Laura Jarrett, at the Paris Club. In the same vein, the couple's marriage was held at Laura's grandmother's house while their wedding reception was celebrated in their backyard. Further, Tony's wife, Laura Jarrett, was born in the year 1993 in Chicago. Illinois, the United States.
In addition to their marriage, Tony Balkinson and his wife Laura Jarrett are also proud parents to their son James Anthony. The lovebirds welcomed their first child in July 2019. Of course, Laura shared her joy of being a mother on her social media.
How much is Tony Balkissoon's Net Worth?
Tony Balkissoon's net worth has not been disclosed yet. But, he possibly earns a good amount of money from his lawyer career. Besides, his wife Laura Jarrett also makes a lot of money with an estimated earning that ranges from $47,000 - $100,000.
As for Balkinson, he started his career as a lawyer. Further, Balkissoon is an Appellate Staff Attorney at the MacArthur Justice Center. He, moreover, represented pro-bono clients for criminal and immigration cases.
Balkissoon also worked as a law clerk to Honorable Manish S. Shah of the U.S District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He was also a law clerk to Honorable Ann Clarie Williams of the U.S Court of Appeals for Seventh Circuit. Tony started working at Loevy & Loevy as a Justice Fellow in October 2016. Since 2018, he began contributing to the Board of Directors of LAF.
Tony Balkissoon's Quick Facts
- Tony Balkissoon grew up in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada.
- Tony holds Canadian nationality and of African descent.
- Tony's parents are Bas Balkissoon and Tahay Balkissoon.
- Tony's father Bas was a liberal member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario between 2005 and 2006.
- Balkissoon's in-laws, William Jarrett and Valerie Jarrett served as critical advisors to ex-President Barack Obama.
- Laura went to Harvard Law School.
- Tony won the Dean's Scholar for Trademark Law and Sex Equality.
- Tony has a sibling named Denise Balkissoon who is a freelance journalist and won a National Magazine Award.
- Tony's mother-in-law is a former senior advisor to ex-president Barack Obama.