Sarah Huckabee Sanders probably never realized she would end up marrying the man she hired in the first place. Luckily for the pair, it was perhaps destiny that everything fell in place at just the right time.
When you meet someone at work, you can connect on different levels; you begin to wonder whether he/she is your soulmate. As signs point towards this being the case, you wish you could marry that person.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders probably never realized she would end up marrying the man she hired in the first place. Luckily for the pair, it was perhaps destiny that everything fell in place at just the right Time.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders' Married Life
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is married to her husband, Bryan Chatfield Sanders. The couple tied the knot in 2010.
The pair first met while working together on her father's 2008 presidential campaign. Bryan had been working for then-Kansas Senator Sam Brownback and his presidential campaign. Sarah later hired her future husband after Brownback's campaign was folded.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders with her husband, Bryan Chatfield Sanders
Bryan was hired along with one of his colleagues. Talking with The Hill in 2010, Sarah said:
"They were both kind of cute, [so I said,] ‘Well, we might be able to work something out’ — kidding a little bit there."
After the campaign ended, Huckabee and Sanders continued to date. The couple was subsequently engaged in 2009 on Bryan's family ranch in Kansas.
The lovebirds' big day arrived on 25th May 2010. The ceremony took place in St. John in the Virgin Islands.
Sarah expressed her joy on Twitter as she tweeted:
"Big day today! Going to the chapel and going to get married."
The couple shares three children; two sons named William Huckabee Sanders (born on 16th October 2013) and George Sanders (born on 8th June 2015), and a daughter named Scarlett Wiles Sanders (born on 10th May 2012).
Her relationship with her children is quite open. In 2017, she wished Scarlett, on the eve of her 5th Birthday, on live TV. After her eldest child Scarlett was born, she revealed it to her fans via Twitter and even mentioned her baptism. Her godparents are Chip Saltsman and Katie Beth Harris.
Sarah often talks about her children. Moreover, she loves posting photos on social media.
In July 2017, during a press briefing at the White House, Sarah spoke about her proud moment as the first working mom to gain the press secretary position.
"That says less about me than it does about this president. Empowering working moms is the heart of the president’s agenda, particularly when it comes to things like tax reform."
"Scarlett and every little girl in America should grow up in a country that — if we deliver on the president’s agenda better jobs, better health care, and a better tax system — incentivizes women to work and raise children."
Sarah added, as a working mom, it's not lost on her what a great honor and privilege it was to stand there at the podium.
Sarah further joked with reporters by claiming the chaos in her home with three growing kids prepared her for the White House and dealing with the press corps.
Huckabee claims she wakes up at 5 a.m. daily to spend time with her spouse and kids. She told the New York Times she loves talking about her family, and it comes naturally, saying, "That's just kind of who I am."
The Couple Founded A Consulting Firm In 2016
In 2016, Bryan, and his wife, founded a second Street Strategies consulting firm. The firm was located in Little Rock, Arkansas, where the pair lived at the Time.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Bryan Chatfield Sanders founded a consulting firm in 2016
Source: Your Tango
The mission of the firm states: It aims to provide "general consulting services, including strategy, research, polling, message development, and advertising production and placement for candidates, independent expenditure committees, businesses, and non-profits."
Since Sarah Huckabee Sanders seems extremely committed to working in the White House, the company appears to be on hold.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders: Quick Facts
- Born on 13th August 1982 in Hope, Arkansas.
- Her birth sign is Leo.
- Her parents are Mike Huckabee and Janet Huckabee.
- Her father was an Arkansas governor.
- She has two sibling brothers named John Mark Huckabee and David Huckabee.
- She graduated from Little Rock Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- She went to Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
- She was elected student body president at her University, where she was also active in Republican organizations.
- She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree, specializing in political science and minoring in mass communications.
- She gained fame as deputy White House Press Secretary in the administration of President Donald Trump.
- She helped her father as a field coordinator in his campaigns.
- In 2010, she was named in Time's annual 40 under 40 list for politics.
- She became the third female White House communications director in 2017.
- She followed Dana Perino as the White House communications director who last served in 2007.
- Per the White House Budget, she earns an annual salary of $176,461.
For all the latest and greatest news on your favorite celebrity, follow MarriedWiki!!!