Congratulation to the CNN correspondent, Phil Mattingly and his wife, Chelsea Carter for expecting their first child.
The couple married on December 10, 2011, and the beautiful husband-wife duo is going be the parents for the first time. Let us discuss the relationship of the couple here.
Phil Mattingly And Chelsea-The Couple Is Expecting Their First Child
Even though he is a confidential person, he could not stop himself to share the biggest news of his life with the audiences as he and his gorgeous wife is expecting a baby.
On 1st March 2017, Phil replied to the tweet of Diane King Hall mentioning that his wife is pregnant and are expecting their little one.
The couple is surely very happy but still have not disclosed any information besides the reply. Soon they are going to complete their family after welcoming their first child.
Phil Mattingly and wife Chelsea have welcomed their first child; a baby boy named Cardar. He was born on July 6, 2017. CNN also sent their best wishes to the new parents:
"Phil and Chelsea are parents to their new son Cardar...He was born just this morning...Phil tells us that everyone is doing well and we CNN send them our best wishes."
It seems like Mattingly is enjoying his fatherhood and though the couple is very private, Phil frequently tweets about his son.
2 1/2 years as a father and my work is already complete pic.twitter.com/oxwdlPYUG0— Phil Mattingly (@Phil_Mattingly) February 28, 2018
All the best wishes to the beautiful family.
Phil Mattingly And Wife Chelsea Carter; Happily Married Couple
Phil Mattingly married his longtime girlfriend, Chelsea on 10th December 2011 in a private ceremony. Both of them are very conscious and confidential when it comes to their personal life.
Since there are no rumors of any conflict, divorce, or affairs between the couple we can assume that they are living a happy life together.
Phil Mattingly Career
Phil started his career working as a reporter at the initial phase. He joined Bloomberg News in Washington and began working there as a reporter. He helped in the coverage of the federal response to the financial crisis.
Working in News for several months, he was then shifted to Bloomberg Television and served as a national political correspondent.
Apart from this, he also severed the network's White House as a correspondent where he made several break news about the administration's foreign, legal, economic policies.
Moreover, he also became the first to interview the former Attorney General Eric Holder.
Besides all these, his career turned after joining CNN in December 2015 as a correspondent of New York. Since then to till today, he is serving for the CNN as being the Washington DC Bureau's correspondent.
Phil Mattingly: Quick Facts
- Born in the United States on December 16.
- He is an American and belongs to white ethnicity.
- In 2006, he graduated from the Ohio State University.
- He was a scholar varsity athlete.
- In 2008, earned a Master's degree in journalism from Boston University.
- He was a writer for the Bloomberg Businessweek magazine.
- He received a Society of American Business Editors and Writers award for the breaking news.
- He also covered Congress's financial policy and economics.
- He was a finalist for the Scripps Howard Distinguished Service to the First Amendment award for investigating the Barack Obama's administration crackdown.
- He joined CNN in 2015 as a correspondent.
- He has around 61.5k followers on Twitter.