Eric Clapton, the legendary singer of the group The Yardbirds, is happily settled with his wife of fifteen years, Melia McEnery.
To be honest, we never thought that he'll settle with one woman for this long. Hey, don't be angry now, you can tell that know, his multiple affairs and relationship with several models and actresses prove our theory.
But in the end, he debunked all that notion and is now living blissfully with his wife and three children.
Eric Clapton And Melia McEnery Married For 16-Years
Eric Clapton married his long-term love Melia McEnery on January 1st, 2002.
The British rock legend tied the knot with his girlfriend on a 15th-century St. Mary Magdalen Church, situated in a small town of Ripley, where ironically, Clapton grew up.
Eric decided to complete the nuptials in a small ceremony. His closest friends and relatives were in the attendance.
The couple first met each other back in the late 1990s, when Eric was in Los Angeles, California for a small visit and Melia used to live with her boyfriend.
Shares Three Children With His Wife Melia McEnery
Eric is the father of his three children with Melia. They're blessed with three daughters named, Julie Rose Clapton, born June 13, 2001, Ella May Clapton, born January 14, 2003, and Sophie Belle Clapton, born February 1, 2005.
Eric is also the father of Conor Clapton, with his then-girlfriend Lory Del Santo. His son tragically died on March 20, 1991, after falling from a 49-story building.
He is also the father of his daughter Ruth Clapton, whom he fathered with his wife Yvonne Kelly.
Eric Clapton's Previous Affairs
Eric's been infamous for his numerous affairs with many big celebs. From models to big stars, Eric dated them all.
His most famous relationships will include Sherly Crow, Sharon Stone, Charlotte Lewis, Naomi Cambell, Carla Bruni, Paula Yates, and Betty Davis and much more.
Even though, his relationships are somehow off the track but let's not forget that he's one heck of a singer. Even though he's getting older, but it's not stopping him from making new albums.
His most recent album I Still Do release in May of last year. Being in the industry will also earn you some big bucks.
The legendary singer is in his 70s and living a quiet and laid back life with his family.
Eric Clapton: Quick Facts
- Born on 30 March 1945 in Ripley, Surrey to Patricia Molly Clapton and Edward Walter Fryer.
- He studied at Hollyfield School in Surbiton.
- He attended the Kingston College of Art.
- He is the only three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- He became the second in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time".
- In 2009, he came at no. 5 in Time Magazine's The 10 Best Electric Guitar Players.
- He has an estimated net worth of about $300 million as per the Celebrity net worth and $250 million as per the Richest. He has a huge salary.