The Gavin & Stacey singer Tom Jones' life has really been changed after his wife Linda Trenchard of 59 years died of lungs cancer in April 2016. The father of two was rumored to be dating Naked Gun diva Priscilla Presley back in February 2017 when they were spotted in an outing together.
Let's get the facts whether the musician is in a new romantic life or he's simply busy with his career.
Tom Jones' Rumored Relationship With Actress Priscilla Presley
Tom Jones, She's a Lady singer was left all alone after his beloved wife Melinda Trenchard died from cancer; the couple of 59 years.
Jones was reportedly rumored to be dating business magnate and actress Priscilla Presley back in July 2017.
Tom Jones is most probably single at present
After long going dating speculation, Presley, the widow of Elvis Presley finally spoke about their relationship. They faced a strong speculation when they were spotted on an outing together.
Tom Jones with Priscilla Presley and Elvis Presley in 1971
Source: The Sun
Presley denied the rumors that began circulating back in February 2017. She, however, claimed that the pair is just 'good friends'. She said,
"Tom and I have been friends since ’68. It is true. That’s not the first time we’ve been out obviously, but probably the first outing in public. But always friendship, always friends."
"He’s a great guy. Part of that was because he lost his wife, that was the love of his life. It was kind of friends getting together to support him."
When the musician was asked about finding love again after the tragic death of his wife, he revealed that 'he had not contemplated it'.
'I haven’t even thought about that – I really haven’t.'
We can say the Welsh singer is very happy being single and living his life with his family members.
Tom Jones' Married Life With Late Wife Linda Trenchard
The Voice 2018 judge Jones and Trenchard were childhood sweethearts. It's hard to believe but we sometimes wonder how can a relationship last as long as 59 years.
The couple tied the knot on 2nd March 1957 when both of them were just 16. They have a son named Mark Woodward born the same year they married.
Tom Jones with his late wife Linda Trenchard
Jones also has another son, Jonathan Berkery as a result of a three-day fling with model Katherine Berkery in 1988. According to Telegraph, Jones slept with up to 250 ladies within a year, still, his wife Trenchard stood by his side every time.
Trenchard, however, left Jones all alone in 2016. She passed away on 10th April 2016 in Cedars Sinai Hospital followed by 'short but fierce' battle with lung cancer.
Tom Jones with his look-alike son Mark Woodward
Tom Jones said that he will never marry again following the death of his beloved wife. He said,
"I’m still trying to get over that. I don’t think I ever will, so the last thing on my mind is marriage."
"I hear her voice. I see her a lot at night."
'When I dream that she’s still here and then I wake up and she’s not, that’s the hardest.'
Though Trenchard is not here amongst us, she's always in the heart and soul of the 'Sex Bomb' singer.
Tom Jones: Quick Facts
Source: BT TV
- Born on 7 June 1940 in Treforest, Pontypridd, Glamorgan, Wales.
- He studied at Wood Road Junior School and later at Pontypridd Central Secondary Modern School.
- His birth sign is Gemini.
- He started singing at an early age during a family gathering, weddings, and school events.
- His autobiography entitled 'Over the Top and Back' was published in October 2015.
- His powerful voice is widely called the 'full-throated, robust baritone'.
- The New York Times called him a musical 'shapeshifter' in 2008.
- Some of his hits include 'Delilah', 'Kiss', Sex Bomb', and 'Green, Green Grass of Home'.
- He made his movie debut playing a lead role in the 1979 TV movie Pleasure Cove.
- He has received a Grammy Award for Best New Artist in 1966, two Brit Awards and an MTV Video Music Award.
- He has an estimated net worth of about $250 million.