Princess Eugenie of York, Who's Eighth In Line To The British Throne Is Busy Planning For Royal Wedding With Her Fiance Jack Brooksbank, Got Engaged Recently Announcing on Monday. Know All The Inside Details of their Relationship
- Princess Eugenie of York, 27, recently got engaged to her loving beau, Jack Brooksbank, 30, - a successful wine merchant.
- The duo met while attending Duke of York's 5oth birthday celebration party in Swiss slopes in Verbier in 2010.
- Jack was a former manager of London celeb haunt Mahiki in Mayfair and now he's the UK Brand Ambassador for Casamigos.
- The pair is set to marry in the autumn of 2018.
Princess Eugenie Of York dazzled us all when she debuted her beautiful engagement ring after getting engaged to her wine mogul beau, Jack Brooksbank, earlier this month.
The pair announced their grand engagement on Monday, January 22, 2018. They made their official appearance following the engagement for the first time as an engaged couple on Monday morning in the Picture Gallery at Buckingham Palace.
Unlike the royalties, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle who require Queen's permission to marry, Princess Eugenie doesn't require approval under the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 and even has the option to take her husband's surname.
Eugenie’s ring features a ring containing a padparadscha sapphire which is surrounded by diamonds.
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles are "very pleased" with the news and have "wished the couple all the best." Princess's father, Prince Andrew is also really happy to welcome his future son-in-law in the family. Speaking with the press during a visit to the King's Lynn Innovation Centre, he stated,
"Jack is an absolutely outstanding young man and Eugenie and has got to know each other over a number of years, and I'm really thrilled for them. I am just completely overjoyed for them and wish them every happiness."
Her Royal Highness and Mr. Brooksbank are set to marry in a lavish royal wedding in the autumn of 2018 at St George's Chapel in Windsor.
How The Pair First Met:
Before becoming the brand ambassador of the popular Casamigos Tequila company, Jack used to work as a waiter at the Admiral Codrington pub in Chelsea and then in Markham Inn where he met Prince Harry for the first time. Their friendship grew quite strong and Harry invited Eugenie on the 50th birthday of Duke of York, Prince Andrew held in Switzerland.
Eugenie was just 19 when she laid eyes on the young Jack and they rekindled romance on the beautiful Swiss Ski slopes of Verbier.
They started dating soon after that and despite several restrictions and time-zone problems the couple kept their romance alive and now they're all set to be a man and a wife.
Quick Facts: Eugenie Victoria Helena
- Born and raised in Britain, Eugenie is entitled as Princess Eugenie of York.
- She's is the younger daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York.
- She's eighth in line to the British throne followed by Kate Middleton and Prince William
- She was baptized at the Church of St Mary Magdalena, Sandringham.
- Her parents divorced when she was six years old and spent most of her time with her grandmother.
- Suffered from scoliosis when she was just 12 and she underwent back surgery and still has two titanium rods in her back.
- Attended Coworth Park School but later boarded at Marlborough College.
- Earned a 2:1 honors degree in English literature and history of art.
- Was first rejected from Newcastle University but she got a place later.
- Now works as an associate director at the Hauser & Wirth art gallery.
- Receives no allowances from Privy purse ( British Sovereign's private income).
- Is involved in a number of charitable organizations including the Teenage Cancer Trust, Children in Crisis and Elephant Family.
- Her style and title in full is : Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie Victoria Helena of York.