If you people are ABBA fans, Anni-Frid Lyngstad is definitely not an unknown face for you. Fans became very sad when they disbanded in 1982, still ABBA members reunited in Sweden after 35 years in October 2016 celebrating a Mamma Mia-themed theatre restaurant in Sweden.
Though Anni-Frid Lyngstad has already announced her retirement from her musical career, her personal life and career have been in the eye of the public. Let's get details about her current dating life and past affairs in today's session.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad's Current Life
One of the ABBA ladies Anni-Frid Lyngstad is on her 70s. Still, she says that she still feels sexy and lively.
Sources say that she's currently living in Switzerland with her boyfriend almost a decade junior to her. She is dating WH Smith heir Henry Smith, 62. He has recently become the 5th Viscount Hambleden after the demise of his father William Smith in August 2012.
He is the descendant of the founders of the stationary group named 'WHSmith'.
Anni-Frid and Smith made their relationship public for the first time in 2008 when they attended the London premiere of Mamma Mia!.
They had been together for so long now. We wonder when the two will take their relationship to the next level.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad's Past Affairs And Relationship
Anni-Frid, 72, married Ragnar Fredriksson in April 1964. The couple is blessed with two kids a son named Hans Ragnar Fredriksson and a daughter Ann Lise-Lotte Fredriksson.
They maintained their relationship until they divorced in 1970. After that, she was engaged to pianist Benny Andersson, the member of ABBA.
The two married in 1978 but separated with an official divorce in 1981.
Following the second divorce, she remained single for a long time until she married Heinrich Ruzzo, Prince Reuss of Plauen in 1992. Lyngstad was very happy with her husband but Ruzzo died in October 1999 and left her all alone.
Anni-Frid Lyngstad: Quick Facts
- Born in 1945 in Bjorkasen, a small village in Ballahgen in northern Norway to a German father Alfred Haase and a Norwegian mother Synni Lyngstad.
- She started her first solo career as a jazz singer.
- She first performed in a talent show 'New Faces' in 1967.
- She is best known as one of the lead singers of the Swedish pop band ABBA.
- Besides her, the band was composed of Agnetha Fältskog, Bjorn Ulvaeus, and Benny Andersson.
- Before retirement, she released her last album in Swedish, Djupa andetag (Deep Breaths) on 20 September 1996.
- The group reunited after 35 years celebrating a Mamma Mia-themed theatre restaurant in Sweden.
- The band was offered $1 billion to reform in 2000.
- She has an estimated net worth of about $300 million.