James Michael Tyler is an American actor well known for his role as the coffee shop worker Gunther on the hit NBC sitcom Friends. But, fans are more interested in his personal life and lifestyle rather than his splendid acting career. And, here's what you need to know.
Who is James Michael Tyler's wife?
James Michael is indeed a married man. Tyler is married to his long-term girlfriend turned to life partner Jennifer Carno. Jennifer, moreover, is famous for being the second wife of James Tyler.
Not to mention, James Michael and Jennifer Carno are the perfect examples of a Hollywood power couple. Despite busy schedules, the lovebirds splendidly balance their personal life and professional life.
Being public figures, the duo is rarely spotted together in public functions or PDA. James also never talks about his wife in the media and protects his wife from public attention as much as possible.
The Gunther star currently lives in Hollywood Hills with his present wife, Jenn. James does not have children, but he considers pet leopard gecko, Rodni as his own child.
Divorced from Barbara Chadsey
James, one of the All My Children actors was previously married to former and first wife Barbara Chadsey. The pair walked down the aisle in early 1995. But unfortunately, James filed for divorce with his now-estranged wife, Barbara Chadsey, on 5 November 2014.
James Michael Tyler - Career & Net Worth
James Michael Tyler has a net worth of $4 million. He earns a considerable amount of money from his acting career. He receives at least or more than $97,591 per annum, which is the basic salary of an average American actor.
James played Gunther (a coffee shop worker) role on the sitcom Friends co-starring Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, and Matthew Perry, from 1994-2004 by appearing 148 times on 236 episodes in a span of ten years. And, in 2009, in honor of 'Friends' 15th anniversary, he opened the temporary Central Perk pop-up replica in London.
Furthermore, James appeared in the unaired pilot satire sitcom 'Nobody's watching' playing on the set of Central Park. In honor of 'Friends' 20th anniversary in 2014, he made appearances at Central Perk replica SoHo.
Michael also appeared as a guest in Just Shoot Me! as a doctor and Scrubs as a Therapist in 2005. He was seen as a judge on Iron Chef America. Further, he played an ice hockey coach in the BBC Showtime sitcom called Episodes (Series 2, Episode 6). James was also seen in the television sitcom 'Friends: The Reunion' in 2021.
James Michael Tyler - Battling Cancer
Actor James Michael Tyler revealed on June 22, 2021, that he is battling stage 4 prostate cancer. During an interview with Entertainment Tonight, the actor said he was diagnosed in 2018, and that the disease has now spread to his bones. His disease started mutating during the covid-19 pandemic. Tyler also revealed he could no longer walk.
James Michael Tyler - Quick Facts
- Grew up in Greenwood, Mississippi, The United States.
- James is the son of Dewitt Eugene Tyler and Mary Sue Pullen.
- James's father died in an auto accident when he was ten years old, and his mother died of breast cancer when he was 11 years old.
- Moved to Anderson, South Carolina, at 12 and lived with his sister, Linda Tyler Clark.
- James earned a two-year degree in 1982 from Anderson University and attained a degree in Geology in 1984 from Clemson University.
- James received a Master of Fine Arts Degree from the University of Georgia in 1987.
- James belongs to American nationality and white ethnicity.
- James has light brown eyes and brown hair.
- James enjoys playing tennis and golf.
- James Michael is the youngest of five children in his family.