American Journalist Julie Pace is a prime example of someone who worked toward their goal and achieving them. The New York native always wanted to be a reporter and began hustling for it from a young age. At present, she has not only established herself as a reputable news presenter but is also heading a bureau and is a hundred staff.
Julie Pace Is Happily Married
Life becomes beautiful when someone finds a partner who shares the same motto. Julie Pace is one of those lucky people.
Pace clearly stated out her ambitions to her future husband, Michael Ferenczy, at the beginning of their relationship. The Buffalo-born and raised expressed that she wants a adventurous life and never will live a boring, normal-ish life.
Much to her amusement, her then-boyfriend now spouse also felt the same. Thus, Julie entered into a lifelong commitment with Ferenczy.
Julie tied the knot with Michael in October 2014 at Oatlands Plantation in Leesburg, Virginia. The theme of the wedding was Rustic; thus, the venue was decorated with a vibrant color palette of orange, purple and pink, textured florals, and fun seasonal touches like gilded pumpkin place cards.
For the big day, the bride chose a deep neck white lace dress and drop earrings. Meanwhile, the groom opted for a traditional black tuxedo.
The wedding ceremony was conducted according to Jewish traditions and rituals such as joint breaking of the glass was performed. Also, the couple asked their close friend Erik Moskowitz to officiate.
After the vows exchanging was over, the newlyweds moved to the reception tent and enjoyed dinner and dancing. It was a fun-filled night that was memorable to both hosts and guests.
Five years have passed since their matrimony. Till now, the pair is able to avoid any scandal and live a pretty healthy life in Washington D.C.
Mother of One
Pace and her spouse welcomed their son Will Ferenczy in April 2018. The young mother did not let motherhood affect her career. She was working all through her pregnancy and only took three months of maternity leave.
Will is currently one year and eight months old, but his face is not yet revealed to the world. It looks like fans have to wait a long time to see Julie's bundle of joy.
Know More About Julie's Husband Mike Ferenczy
Michael Ferenczy was born as Michael William Ferenczy in Hamburg, New York. His mother, Elisabeth M. Ferenczy, is the senior department administrator for clinical operations at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo. His father is late William J. Ferenczy, who owned a medical packaging equipment distribution company in New York.
The 40-year-old gained his Ph.D. in Molecular Virology and Microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in 2010. After that, he worked as a Post Doctoral Scientist at National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke; National Institutes of Health for five years. Later he joined McKinsey & Company as Senior Engagement Manager.
At present, The Tufts University alum is Senior Director at GSK Beyond Technology. In this position, he is responsible for strategic planning, business development, operations, change management, and digital technology.
Julie Pace is Earning Well
Julie Pace holds an overall net-worth of $800,000. She earned this wealth from fifteen years in Journalism.
Pace started her professional journalism career in the US from The Tampa Tribune as a multimedia reporter. She worked there for three years before landing a job at The Associated Press (AP).
Northwestern University graduate first joined AP as a White House reporter in 2007. In that position, she covered the presidential campaign between Barack Obama and late John McCain. Furthermore, she started covering the White House in 2009 after Obama took office. Josh Earnest, Obama Press Secretary from 2014-2017, talked very fondly of her and praised her passion for hustle.
It seems like Pace's employer also appreciated her work ethics and hard work. By 2013 she was promoted to the Chief White House Correspondent. More to that, Just in a decade of joining AP, she was named Washinton Bureau Chief. She is still in that position and leads 100 journalists and staff. In addition to that, she also is a host of the AP's political podcast "Ground Game."
Julie is also a CNN political analyst and often appears in the show "Inside Politics" that is anchored by John King. She previously was a frequent panelist on Fox News Sunday.
Quick facts: Julie Pace
- Julie's father is James J. Pace. He owns I.G.S. Landscaping, a lawn care company in Amherst.
- Her mother is Diane M. Pace, a radiology supervisor at the D.I.A./Invision Health, in Williamsville, N.Y.
- Her two years younger sister Jill Pace is earning her Ph.D. from Columbia.
- She wanted to be a journalist at a young age.
- Pace served as the co-editor of her elementary school newspaper, the Smallwood Chronicle.
- She graduated from Amherst Central High School in 2000.
- In High School, Julie became a youth reporter for the Buffalo News, and also landed an internship with the Cheektowaga Times.
- She gained a degree in Journalism from Northwestern University in 2004.
- Julie won the White House Correspondents’ Association Merriman Smith award in 2013.
- She wanted to work as a freelancer and become a roving Africa correspondent. However, financial limitations forced her to move back to Washington.
- Her favorite hobby is to be a travel agent for her friends. She provides her friends with an itinerary for a trip.
- She won the AP’s Oliver S.Gramling Award for journalism in 2016.
- Her childhood icon was Katie Couric.