Relationship short Statistics of Michelle Kwan
|What is Michelle Kwan marital status ? ( married,single, in relation or divorce):||Divorce|
|How many children does Michelle Kwan have ? (name):||0 Children|
|Is Michelle Kwan having any relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is Michelle Kwan Lesbian ?||Don't Know|
A retired figure skater, Michelle Kwan was born on 7th July 1980.She is a two-time Olympic medalist in 1998 and 2002, five-time World champion in 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2003. She is also a nine-time U.S. champion in 1996, 1998–2005.
Early Life and Education of Michelle Kwan
Michelle Kwan was born as the third child of Danny Kwan and Estella Kwan. In 2009, she studies in international relations at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University.
On 8th May 2010, Kwan was awarded an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from Southern Vermont College.
Michelle Kwan's Career
In 1992, Michelle Kwan passed the gold test and become a senior-level figure skater despite the disapproval of her coach. She finished sixth at her first senior U.S. championships in 1993. She won the 1994 World Junior Championships.
Kwan won her third national title at the 1999 U.S. Championships. At 1999, Kwan did not skate her best and placed second behind Maria Butyrskaya, Russian competitor.
On 12th February 2006, the United States Olympic Committee announced that she withdrawn from the Games after suffering a new groin injury in her first practice in Turin.
As of 2008, Kwan is a member of the Chinese-American organization Committee. In 2014, she joined 'Fox Sports 1' for Winter Olympics broadcast. She is also one of the skaters who can spin in both directions.
Kwan is popular for her unique flexibility in performing clean programs, as well as her strong skating skills and deep, quiet edges.
Awards and accolades
- In 1999, the Los Angeles Chinese American Museum awarded Michelle Kwan the Historymakers Award.
- In May 2000, she was selected as one of People magazine's 50 most beautiful people.
- In 2002, Kwan won the Teen Choice Award in a category of favorite female athlete.
- In 2002 and 2003, she won the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award for the favorite female athlete.
- In 2007, Kwan was honored in Beijing at the "You Bring Charm to the World" Awards as one of the most influential Chinese people.
- In 2007, the Women's Sports Foundation praised Kwan with the Billie Jean Award for her contribution to women's sports.
- In May 2009, she was honored by the Los Angeles Chinese Historical Society of Southern California in "Celebrating Chinese Americans in Sports".
- In 2010, Kwan received an honorary doctorate's degree from Southern Vermont College.
Michelle Kwan's Personal
In September 2012, Michelle Kwan engages with Clay Pell, an American lawyer, military officer, and director of strategic planning on the National Security staff at the White House.
The couple met in April 2011. They married on 19th January 2013, in Providence, Rhode Island. Vera Wang designed Kwan's wedding gown. In March 2017, Pell filed for divorce from Kwan.
Kwan also worked as a surrogate to Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign as an outreach coordinator.
Michelle Kwan's Net worth
Michelle Kwan's worth currently stands at $13 Million. She holds Chinese nationality with Asian ethnicity. Kwan stands at a height of 5 feet and 2 inches.
Michelle Kwan Married(s)
First Marriage to Clay Pell
Michelle Kwan engages with Clay Pell, an American lawyer, a military officer.They married on 19th January 2013, in Providence, Rhode Island. Edit this contentMichelle Kwan and Clay Pell get divorced in 2017