Israeli born American banker and technology executive Safra Catz is one of the richest and powerful women in the world. Currently, working as a co-CEO of computer technology giant Oracle Corporation, she previously worked as the managing director and vice president at Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette.
Is Safra Catz Married? If So, Who Is Her Partner?
The successful bander Safra Catz is in matrimony to her longtime husband, Gal Tirosh. Unlike herself, her spouse is not a notable personality and is an ordinary Israeli national. The lady once described her partner as a "writer who was secure in his role as a stay-at-home dad."
The duo walked down the aisle in 1997. The pair have been living as husband and wife for over two decades, and their relationship seems to be on good terms.
From their marriage, Safra and Gal share two children, both of whom are son, Gary Tirosh and Scott Tirosh. As famous and renowned as she is, Safra lives a closed up life with her spouse and kids.
To top it, she is also not active on social media. Therefore, there is relatively less information about her personal and daily activities. Well, other than wishing her a healthy life and more success in her already illustrious career, we can't think of better things for the executive!
Tech-Executive's Political Involvement
Besides running multi-billion dollar mega-company, Safra is also somewhat associated with politics. After Donald Trump was elected the President of the USA in the 2016 election, she was among the several high-profile CEOs along with Tim Cook, Sheryl Sandberg, Jeff Bezos, who were invited to talk with for potentially taking up a position in the new administration.
In 2016, news surfaced that she was considered for the post of U.S. Trade Representative or Director of National Intelligence. In December 2016, Safra joined the President-elect Donald Trump's transition team.
Reportedly, she will sit on Trump's executive committee and continue to work as CEO at Oracle. Boarding on the team, she said:
"I'm actually privileged and honored to even be here, and we are looking forward to helping you (Donald Trump), and your administration"
Talk about multi-tasking!
The lady has also donated a fair share of her wealth to the election candidates. During the 2016 Republican presidential primaries, she donated to the campaign of Marco Rubio while during the 2018 election cycle, she gave over $150,000 to the Republican-aligned groups and individual, including Congressman Devin Nunes.
Mind-Boggling Wealth And Annual Paycheck
From her three decades working as managing director, executive, and president of the world's successful co-operation, Catz has an eye-popping net worth of $1 billion, as of 2019.
The lady's incredible fortune is thanks to her successful career as co-President and CEO of Oracle Corporation. Even though she owns less than 1% of the giant tech company, it is still enough to give her the title of billionaire, which only a few women in the world hold.
According to Fortune, she was the highest-paid woman among Fortune 1000 companies taking in a salary of $51.69 million in 2011. In 2017, she earned $40.9 million while in 2018, she made a whopping $108 million.
Check out the clip of Safra Catz speaking!
Safra is basically making a fortune in a year what most of the celebrities around the world earn in their lifetime. Guess it is safe to assume that she can comfortably afford to live a lavish life!
Quick Facts: Safra Catz
- Safra Catz was born in Holon, Israel, to Jewish parents.
- Her family moved to Brookline, Massachusetts, when she was six years old.
- She graduated from Brookline High School and went on to receive a bachelor's degree from the Wharton School from the University of Penselyvannia in 1983.
- The Oracle CEO enrolled at the University of Pennsylvania Law, where she received a J.D. degree in 1986.
- After completing her law degree, she worked as a banker at Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette in 1986.
- Catz served as a managing director from February 1997 to March 1999 and a senior vice president from January 1994 to February 1997.
- She joined Oracle Corporation in April 1999 and became a member of the company's Board of Directors in October 2001.
- The lady was elected President of Oracle Corporation in 2004.
- Safra is credited for Oracle's 3005 acquisition of software rival PeopleSoft in a $10.3 billion takeover.
- She also served as Oracle's Chief Financial Officer from November 2005 to September 2008.
- She was a director of HSBC Group from 2008 to 2015.
- Catz is a lecturer in accounting at the Stanford Graduate Schoo of Business.
- On December 07, 2017, she was elected to the board of directors of The Walt Disney Company, which became effective on February 01, 2018.
- After the death of Oracle's another co-CEO Mark Hurd on October 18, 2019, she is Oracle's sole CEO while the company appoints a new executive.
- On many occasions, she has been ranked as one of the most powerful business-woman in the world.