Speedy Claxton was one of the exciting players to watch in the basketball court in early 2000. Playing for NBA teams like Philadelphia 76ers, San Antonio Spurs, Golden State Warriors, New Orleans Hornets, Atlanta Hawks, he left a lasting impression on the basketball fanatics, especially during his time in San Antonio Spurs where he won the 2003 NBA championship.
Speedy Claxton's Personal Life
The former basketball player is in lovey-dovey with his charming girlfriend. The mysterious lady with whom he shares pictures on social media goes by the user name glamouramber on her Instagram is a fashion designer by profession.
The two came out as lovebirds in 2017 and are together ever since. With no controversies surrounding their relationship, they seem happy with each other.
Already Married Before And Father of Two Kids
The former Philadelphia 76ers player was in wedlock with reality series "Basketball Wives" star Meeka Claxton. The duo tied the knot in the presence of their close ones in 2006.
The celebrity pair lived a normal married life for over eight years and share two daughters, Aniya Claxton and London Claxton. Unfortunately, due to several disputes, they parted ways in early 2014.
After separating from her husband, Meeka filed for the divorce in New York Court, but the divorce procedure did not go well. The reality star demanded her estranged partner pay for temporary alimony and child support until the divorce became official.
Although the Judge announced the temporary support for Meeka, Speedy immediately protested and pleaded to the judge to reconsider the decision.
In 2016, the retired athlete filed a lawsuit against his ex-wife for contempt of the court order. After a few years of much hassle, Speedy and Meeka officially divorced on June 14, 2017.
Net Worth and Career Earnings
From his successful basketball career, which lasted a decade, he made massive wealth. As of 2019, he boasts a net worth of $29.5 million. In contrast, another former Philadelphia 76ers player Allen Iverson holds a net worth of $1 million.
In his rookie year in 2000, he signed a four-year contract with Philadelphia 76ers worth $4.68 million. Three years later, Golden State Warriors signed him, and he agreed to a three-year contract worth $10 million.
Check out the clip of Speedy Claxton playing in the NBA!
On July 12, 2006, Claxton signed a $25 million four-year contract with Atalanta Hawks.
Quick Facts: Speedy Claxton
- Speedy Claxton played at Hofstra University, wearing the number 10 jersey.
- He was selected by the Philadelphia 76ers and was the 20th overall pick in 2000 NBA draft.
- In 2002, he was traded to the San Antonio Spurs for Mark Bryant, Randy Holcomb, and John Salmons.
- In 2003, he played as the starting point guard in the NBA championship-winning team of San Antonio Spurs.
- Claxton donated a reasonable sum of money to help build the 5,000 seat arena of Hofstra University basketball.
- Hofstra retired his number 10 on January 31, 2009.
- The 1.80 meters tall man served as a college scout with the Golden State Warriors.
- Since 2013 he is working as an assistant coach for the Hofstra Univeristy.
Speedy Claxton Affairs
Second Affair with Unknown
Speedy Claxton is in dating relationshio with a mysterious lady whose Instagram user name is glamouramber.