Divorces between Hollywood celebrities are pretty common and they tend to be perceived in a negative light. However, sometimes it's for the best like Scott Foley found out when he divorced his former wife only to end up with a woman who appears to be his genuine soulmate.
Foley had an unpleasant marital relationship with his ex-spouse, but the same can't be said for his current one with whom he enjoys a blissful married life.
Scott Foley's Married Life
Scott Foley is married to his beautiful wife Marika Dominczyk. The couple tied the knot in 2007.
Scott and Marika dated for a few years before getting engaged. The pair's engagement lasted for seven months before they decided to take their relationship to the next level. The wedding ceremony was held in private in Hawaii.
The lovebirds share three children together named Konrad Foley, Keller Aleksander Foley, and Malina Jean Foley.
Having kids was not easy for the couple. Speaking to E! News Foley opened up about how their relationship was affected whenever they welcomed a new child.
The actor said:
"I know that the first six months if memory serves, is the worst time of your life. As happy as you are to have a kid, mind you, the first six months my wife and I fight more than we ever fight."
"Our relationship the first six months is based solely on guilt ... We always have the conversation, like, 'OK, we don't both need to be up in the middle of the night. One of us should get some sleep so the other one can take care of the other two kids."
Scott added that as pleasant as it sounds, he knows that he needs to get up with her in the middle of the night. Because if he doesn't, the next day she's going to be so tired that he knows she's going to complain.
Of course, this is what almost every couple faces when they welcome offsprings - a part of parenting and most of the times it just works itself out.
In May 2018, People reported Scott is moving with his wife and three kids to Prague in the Czech Republic as he said goodbye to Los Angeles.
The couple's trip was inspired by Foley's new spy thriller series Whiskey Cavalier which films in Prague. It was picked by ABC for the 2018-19 season. The show costars The Walking Dead star, Lauren Cohan.
Talking to Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest on Thursday’s Live! with Kelly and Ryan, Foley said:
"The show got picked up, so I’m moving my whole family to Prague. I’m excited. I’m excited for the adventure. There’s something great about picking up and trying something new, at least for a year or two."
The fact that Dominczyk is from Poland and speaks fluent Polish is making it easier for the actor to adjust to a completely different nation.
Scott Foley's Past Affairs
Scott Foley was previously married to Jennifer Garner. The couple was together in a marital relationship for four years.
The former duo tied the knot in October 2000. They had met on the set of a television show titled Felicity. Scott was a regular in the series alongside Keri Russell from 1998 to 2002 while Jennifer made guest appearances in 1998.
Due to some differences, the couple chose not to reveal, they separated in March 2003 and officially divorced a year later.
Later Garner opened up about what went wrong in their relationship. She said:
"'We didn't have a shot. He's a really good guy, and we just imploded."
"Oh, he's a great guy. We were full-on grown-ups, but looking back I'm aware we did not know what hit us."
The actress was ambiguous about what exactly led to their relationship falling apart. Perhaps a sudden fame might have played a part. She was cast as lead Sydney Bristow in the hit show Alias. Garner won a Golden Globe Award for her performance in 2002.
Meanwhile, Jennifer later married the well-renowned actor Ben Affleck. The couple met on the set of their 2003 film titled Daredevil and they took their wedding vows in June 2005. They share three children together. However, the pair ended up divorcing in 2017.
Scott Foley: Quick Facts
- Born on 15th July 1972 in Kansas City, Kansas.
- His birth sign is cancer.
- His parents are Connie Foley and Hugh Foley.
- He has two younger sibling brothers.
- His father was an international banker.
- His family lived in Japan and Australia during his childhood.
- When she was 15, his family settled in St. Louis, Missouri.
- His mother passed away due to ovarian cancer when he was a teenager.
- He went to Ladue High School and Clayton High School.
- His belongs to multiple ancestries - Northern European: English, German, Irish and Scottish.
- He is best known for roles in TV series such as The Unit, Felicity, Scandal, and True Blood.
- He made his debut as a screenwriter and a director with the 2013 film Let's Kill Ward's Wife.
- He used to work at Mrs. Fields Cookies before he gained fame as an actor.
- For his performance in the TV Series Felicity, he was nominated for 4 teen choice awards.
- He had a recurring role in the TV series Grey's Anatomy which starred Ellen Pompeo.
- His net worth is estimated to be $5 million.