Oscar-winner actress who is favorite of many people till now, Meryl Streep is one of the most inspiring and esteemed stars of Hollywood industry. The actress can be considered as Michael Jackson.
Moving from the pain of losing a loved one, she has been married to Don Gummer for a long time now. Let's dig into her personal life and know about her in today's session.
Actress Meryl Streep Married For Long Time Now; Know About Her Relationship
40-years passed and plenty more to go for the known love of Hollywood, Meryl Streep, and Don Gummer.
Meryl and Don's long-time marriage is an impressive couple in Hollywood. They met because of a tragic incidence in Meryl's love life. The duo met after the death of John Cazale who was in a relationship with Meryl for about 2 years. Who knows, maybe you will find your perfect partner and repeat Meryl’s happy fate?
Meryl was devastated after the death of her boyfriend and Don was her brother's friend and Meryl stayed in Gummer's vacant apartment while he was out of town and communicated through letters.
Meryl soon realized that the artist was into her and when Gummer returned, they ended up living together. Just six months after the death of Cazale, Streep, and Gummer tied the knot in the garden of her parent's house in September 1978.
Streep once honored her husband for the Best Actress Academy Award for the movie The Iron Lady. She said,
“First I’m going to thank Don because when you thank your husband at the end of the speech they play him out with the music. And I want him to know that everything I value most in our lives you’ve given me.”
The couple has been married for 40 years now and still, the love never faded away between the two. Congrats to one of the best couples of Hollywood.
Meryl Streep Past Affairs And Relationships
Streep was involved with the talented actor, John Cazale who is best known from the movie The Godfather for more than two years.
The duo first met in an audition for NY City's famed Shakespeare in the Park. They hit it right off as it was obvious to their castmate and director. While doing the movie, The Deer Hunter, Cazale got sick and Streep turned from a lover to being a nurse to him and turned out he was suffering from lung cancer.
Streep was there with him through his chemotherapy treatments which went for several months. She stayed by his side during his final days in their Manhattan apartment constantly, reading the new paper for him and doing comedic routines. Their director Joe Papp said,
“She took care of him like there was nobody else on earth. She never betrayed him in his presence or out of his presence. Never betrayed any notion that he would not survive. He knew he was dying, the way a dying man knows it. She gave him tremendous hope.”
Who can stop death if it has to come? Well, Cazale passed away on 12 March 1978. Streep was so devasted from the incidence that she began throbbing on his chest, crying for him to wake up. Cazale did open his eyes for the last time and said she would be okay.
Well, this sort of love stories is very rare these days as she was only the one beside him during his bad times.
Meryl Streep: Quick Facts
- She was born on June 22, 1949.
- Her birthplace is Summit, New Jersey.
- She did masters in Fine Arts from the Yale School of Drama.
- Her parents are Harry William Streep Jr. and Mary Wolf Wilkinson.
- She has two brothers Dana David and Harry William III.
- She started taking opera lessons at the age of 12.
- She quit Opera to become a cheerleader.
- She is the spokeswoman for the national women's history museum.
- She donated her salary from the movie The Iron Lady.
- She was awarded The Presidental Medal Of Freedom.
- She has received more nominations than any other actor or actress in the film history.
- She was ranked 37 in the list of Greatest Movie Star of all time by Entertainment Weekly.
- Her birth sign is Cancer.
- She stands at the height of 5ft 6 inches and weighs about 73 kgs.
- Her net worth is estimated to be $90 million.