The former Miss Universe Alicia Machado is now a successful actress in Latin America. But the rise of her career wasn't anything easy for her. She claimed that US President Donald Trump disrespected her several times during her work in the beauty pageant.
The mother-of-one often made headlines in part because of her controversial personal life; being accused of murder attempt to substance abuse, she has faced it all. Wanna know her current dating life? Let's dive in!
Alicia Machado's Current Life: Is She Planning For A Happy Married Life?
Miss Universe 1996, Alicia Machado, 41, is still not married. There's much speculation going on regarding her personal life for many years but the star is yet not ready to reveal her romantic life.
She gave birth to her daughter, Dinorah Valentina Hernandez in 2008 with her Mexican businessman boyfriend. Though she refused to provide his name.
News about her pregnancy spread like a wildfire in January 2008. Putting an end to the rumors, the former Miss Universe managed to share details about the baby's father.
At that very moment, she said,
"I'm happy. I'm in a stable relationship ... I love my boyfriend because he is a noble man, sentimental, and a giving person."
Further, she added that her baby's father wanted the two to get married but she wasn't ready for the move.
"Not now, because I don't want to do it just for my child. [We'll marry] one day. He told me, "When the child can carry the train of the dress." I've lived alone my whole life. I've never lived with anyone; I've never lived with a significant other. I'm afraid of the routine. I'm doing well. I'm enjoying the pregnancy. I've got all of the support and love of my [boyfriend]."
Years have been passed and the star is still not ready to share facts about her personal life.
She hasn't shared a single image of her love and her daughter in her recent Instagram posts that simply say that she's still not ready to share her personal details with her fans and media.
Alicia Machado's Past Affairs And Relationships
Machado was engaged to Bobby Abreu in 2005. He is a former Venezuelan professional outfielder. They called off their betrothal when she was caught having sex on camera with a housemate while filming the reality show, La Granja.
Earlier, in 1998, she was accused of threatening to kill the Venezuelan judge over a case against her trying to murder her then-boyfriend.
She was charged with driving the boyfriend's getaway car. Despite the accusations, she never admitted it and was never charged with the crime.
Alicia Machado Said US President Tried To Have Sex With Her
Machado won the 1996 Miss Universe title when she was just 19 years of age. She was the first Miss Universe after Trump became the executive producer of the Miss Universe organization in 1996.
He called Machado an 'eating machine' on The Howard Stern Show. During an exclusive interview with the Spanish-language channel Telemundo, she mentioned that Trump disrespected her during the time they worked together and also tried to sleep with her.
Here's a report about how Machado was publicly humiliated by Trump:
Further, she added that she never had a sexual relationship with Trump.
"I know Trump very well. I know him as a person."
Previously, she claimed that she suffered from anorexia and bulimia due to Trump's action.
Alicia Machado: Quick Facts
- Born on 6 December 1976 in Maracay, Aragua, Venezuela.
- Her birth sign is Sagittarius.
- He father emigrated from Spain while her mother migrated from Cuba before the Cuban revolution.
- She is of Venezuelan and American Nationality; belongs to mixed ethnicity.
- She was interested in dancing and performing when she just 4.
- She attended college for a year and a half but left to start modeling and acting.
- She became the winner of the 1995 Miss Maracay pageant and Miss Venezuela pageant the same year.
- She won the title of Miss Universe in 1996 being the first Miss Universe after Trump became executive producer of the Miss Universe organization.
- She received the US citizenship in May 2016.
- She was accused of threatening to kill the Venezuelan judge when he was working over the case against her ex-boyfriend's attempted murder.
- She underwent a double mastectomy when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013.
- She has an estimated net worth of about $4 million.