American singer-songwriter Kris Kristofferson seems to be in a stable condition at present. Kristofferson who had a successful bypass surgery in 1999 suffered from Lyme disease since 2004. He is definitely recovering from the condition from continuous ongoing treatment and also with the love and support of his third wife and kids.
Wanna know details about his past affairs and children? Here you go with every detail in today's session.
Kris Kristofferson's Married Life With Wife Lisa Meyers; Diagnosed With Lyme Disease In 2016
Kris Kristofferson, 82, has spent more than three decades of his married life with his third wife Lisa Meyers.
The couple who tied the knot in the year 1983 have five kids together, sons Jesse Turner Kristofferson (1983), Johnny Robert Kristofferson (1988), Blake Cameron Kristofferson (1994), Jody Ray Kristofferson(1985), and a daughter Kelly Marie Kristofferson (1990).
Country music legend Kristofferson suffered from long undiagnosed Lyme disease. His wife Meyers revealed that the disease was misdiagnosed with Alzheimer's disease back in 2013. She mentioned that her husband "suddenly came back".
"His whole personality came back after three years."
Back in 2013, Kristofferson explained to Fox 11,
'I wish my memory weren't so bad. They tell me it's from all the football and boxing and the concussions that I got. A couple of years ago my memory just started going. I can remember my songs so I can perform, but other than that….'
As time passed by, he developed more Alzheimer like symptoms that include short-term memory loss. As per some sources, Kristofferson is recovering from the disease with long ongoing treatment.
Kris Kristofferson's Past Affairs And Relationships
Kris married his first wife Fran Beer in 1960. The couple who has a son named Kris Kristofferson (1968) and daughter Tracy Kristofferson (1962) maintained their relationship for nine long years until they filed for divorce and separated in 1969.
Four years after separating from the first wife, he married American recording artist Rita Coolidge. They met for the first time in 1971 on a plane ride from L.A. to Memphis; kind of 'love at first sight'.
The couple welcomed a daughter named Casey Kristofferson in 1974.
Seven years living a blissful married life as husband and wife, the couple faced some disturbance in their conjugal life. They separated with an official divorce in 1980.
Though the two have been separated, Coolidge reported that she still share a strong bond. She said to People Magazine,
"Kris and I have a connection and we laugh at stuff that nobody else gets. We just have a bond that is beyond any kind of understanding."
Though their separation created a great buzz in the media, they are still in a good relationship for the sake of their kids.
Kris Kristofferson: Quick Facts
- Born on 22 June 1936 in Brownsville, Texas to Lars Henry Kristofferson and Mary Ann (née Ashbrook).
- He belongs to Dutch, Swiss-German, English, Scots-Irish, and German descent.
- He studied at San Mateo High School and completed graduation in 1954.
- He also attended Merton College at Oxford University and earned a Rhodes Scholarship.
- He wrote and recorded songs like "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down", "Me and Bobby McGee", and "For the Good Times".
- He formed the country music supergroup 'The Highwaymen' with fellow country artists including Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Johnny Cash.
- He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2004.
- Also, he performed in several movies including Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, A Star Is Born, and Heaven's Gate.
- He received a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his role in A Star Is Born starring alongside Barbra Streisand and Gary Busey.
- He has an estimated net worth of about $160 million as per Celebrity net worth, while it is about $80 million as per the Richest.