American journalist and television reporter Lisa Ling is currently working as the lead host of This Is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN International. She has an amazing journey in her profession and an interesting personal life.
She married her husband Paul Song in the year 2007 and the couple has a wonderful and alluring conjugal life with two kids residing in Santa Monica, California.
Let's get to know some of the important facts on the personal as well as professional life of the television personality in today's session.
Joyful Married Life of CNN Reporter Lisa Ling and Husband Paul Song
Award-winning journalist Lisa Ling married Chicago-based doctor Paul Song on 26 May 2007 in Los Angeles, California. The couple at first announced their engagement on 3rd January 2007 which took place in a private ceremony at Charlie Trotter's Restaurant.
Renowned television personalities including Connie Chung, Kelly Hu, and Diane Farr were invited to the wedding party. The bride looked stunning in a red Vivienne Tam attire and the pair exchanged vows in front of 550 families.
Explaining about the Asian-themed ceremony Diane Farr said,
'My husband [marketing executive and Song friend Seung Chung] went shopping in Chinatown. We came with a whole crew so he bought 10 outfits – everything from pajamas to silkies. Then we had a dress-up party at my house.'
Ling and Song encountered each other via a mutual friend at Chicago's Little Company of Mary Hospital in the year 2006. The pair seems so dedicated and protective for one another that there is no sign of divorce or extra-affairs.
Children of the Heavenly Couple
Back in October 2012 on Anderson Cooper's talk show, Ling announced publicly that she is expecting her first baby. She gave birth to an adorable daughter named Jett Ling Song on 8th March 2013.
Here is a short video of Lisa Ling talking her experience as a mother on OWN:
After three years, the couple came with another good news of the second baby Ray Ling Song who was born on June 6 2016. The happy family of four is having a wonderful time together.
Daughter Ray arrived on earth via c-section, weighing 6 lbs. 12 oz. Song expressed his happiness with PEOPLE and stated,
"The family is 'doing great'."
After the great stress and difficult labor, Lisa gave birth to her baby number two. She confessed,
"I was never that woman that wanted to have biological kids, ever,And when I finally did decide, it was not an easy journey. But I just feel very lucky that we’ve been able to conceive two kids."
She further explained,
"My daughter is really excited. She’s at an age now where I think she gets it. She’s willing to share. Really, this is a gift to her, because I actually am really happy with one child."
The couple recently celebrated the first birthday of Ray with a grand celebration!!
Lisa has also posted her recent activities with husband, kids, and other family members continuously on her Instagram.
Well, it's without a doubt that the complete family is living happily together and we wish them forever happiness and togetherness.
Quick Facts about Lisa Ling
- Born on 30 August 1973 in Sacramento, California to the family of Doug and Mary Mei-yan.
- His father is a Chinese immigrant and mother is a Taiwanese descent.
- Her parents separated when she was at the age of seven.
- Enrolled at Del Campo High School in 1991 and later the University of Southern California.
- Initiated her career as she was selected at Channel One News at the age of 18.
- Joined The View on 2 August 1999 and worked for three years.
- Hosted a program named Ultimate Explorer on National Geographic Channel in 2005.
- Became a special correspondent on The Oprah Winfrey Show reporting bride burning in India, gang rape in Congo, child trafficking in Ghana and many others.
- Was selected for a documentary called Battlelines in 2008.
- Her show Our America with Lisa Ling aired on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network on 16 February 2011.
- She is working on a new documentary series This is Life with Lisa Ling since 14 April 2014 on CNN International.
- Has established herself as a famous face on CNN and is highly respected by other hosts including Amy Walter, Anderson Cooper, Betty Nguyen, Bruce Morton, Christiane Amanpour, Claire Kellett, Dan Hicks, Hannah Storm, and Hala Gorani.
- Has a net worth of about $8.5 millions as of 2017.
Well, we would like to wish Lisa and his husband Paul a prosperous life ahead in days to come.
For more updates and recent gossips, do visit our page.