Not everybody sees the fascinating side of marriage. Some are reluctant to tie the knot and start a family. This is mostly observed in some Hollywood celebrities who would rather be fully engrossed in their professional lives.
Kristin Chenoweth certainly prioritizes her career over her personal life, but is she dating someone? How many past relationships has he had? When does she plan to start a family? Let's find out.
Is Kristin Chenoweth Currently In A Relationship?
Kristin Chenoweth is in a relationship with her boyfriend named Andrew Pruett. She is romantically involved with this good-looking actor since April 2015. The couple initially met through a mutual friend.
This adorable duo made their relationship official during the red carpet debut of Tony Awards where they arrived together. The actress hosted the award ceremony alongside Alan Cumming.
Chenoweth also appeared together with Andrew on her Social Life Magazine Party bash. The event was held at the Town’s penthouse at 53 Greene Street based in Manhattan.
Andrew worked for the Apple Inc. for five years in Cupertino. During an interview with People, the Broadway actress was full of praise for her boyfriend. She notably called him a "good man".
Although Kristin is never married, her partner Pruett was previously a married man. He was hitched to True Detective's Abigail Spencer with whom he shares 6 years old son named Roman Pruett.
Meanwhile, there are no rumors of any conflict between the pair and their relationship is still going very strong.
Kristin Chenoweth's Past Affairs
The talented actress Kristin Chenoweth has had a few past affairs prior to her current relationship. To be precise, she is known to have dated four other fellow actors.
Before getting together with Andrew, Chenoweth dated another single father, as well as two-time Oscar-nominated actor Dana Brunetti in 2013. However, the couple split merely a year later in 2014.
In 2015, Kristin took to Twitter to subtly diss her former boyfriend Dana after he lost at the 2015 Golden Globes.
After The Affair defeated Brunetti's show House of Cards, Chenoweth tweeted, "So happy The Affair won tonight. #deserving love Ruth Wilson xo."
The tweet did not go unnoticed as the actor quoted the tweet and replied with 'Ha.' He certainly saw the funny side of it.
Before Brunetti, Kristin reportedly had a romantic affair with former Bachelor star Jake Pavelka whom she dated from 2012 to 2013.
After their split, a source said:
"Kristin realized Jake had nothing going on in his life. The more she pulled away, the more clingy he became."
As per Kristen's friends, Jake was merely using her to gain further fame and enhance his career. Apparently, Kristen had enough of it and she dumped him.
The actor also dated Oscar-winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin, as well as Tony-nominated thespian Marc Kudisch.
Kristin Chenoweth On Her Plans To Adopt A Child
Kristin Chenoweth is not your normal actress. She claimed in 2016 that she gave up the idea of marriage and having a family so she could be fully focussed on staying at the top of her profession.
However, in 2017 the actress revealed her intentions to start a family. Speaking to Closer Weekly, Kristin said:
"I’ve sacrificed having a family and being married because, at the time, it didn’t seem possible. Now, of course, I’m ready for that time to come in my life."
Just one week after her birth in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, Chenoweth was adopted by her parents. She wants to follow in the footsteps of her father and do the same for another child.
"I have many kids in my life that I take care of. In some ways, I feel like I’ve adopted them. I would probably adopt before I have my own."
It is unclear which 'kids in her life' she is talking about. Meanwhile, the beautiful actress wants to bring comfort to someone in need who may be going through a similar experience that she did.
Chenoweth continued, she wants to give peace and love to other adoptees and if anybody ever felt weird about it, she wants them to know that it's not actually weird but rather very special.
Kristin Chenoweth: Quick Facts
- Born on 24th July 1968 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
- Her birth name is Kristi Dawn Chenoweth
- Her birth sign is Leo.
- She was adopted into the Chenoweth family.
- Her parents are Junie Smith Chenoweth and Jerry Morris Chenoweth.
- Both her mother and father are mechanical engineers.
- She was interested in singing and acting from an early age.
- She was multitalented since her childhood as she performed ballet, singing, acting, and opera.
- She went to Broken Arrow Senior High School.
- She earned a Bachelor's degree in musical theatre from Oklahoma City University.
- She graduated with a master's degree in opera performance in 1992.
- She won a Tony Award for her impressive performance in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.
- She featured as Maleficent in the 2015 Disney TV movie Descendants.
- She starred in an Off-Broadway production of the Fantasticks (1994).
- She won the Emmy award in 2009 for her performance on the TV show Push Daisies.
- She guest-starred on the comedy-drama series Ugly Betty in 2007, which also featured Salma Hayek.
- Her net worth is estimated to be $16 million.