Corky Ballas is a retired American ballroom dancer who has set his name in the US for his unique dancing skills during his active career in the 1980s and 1990s. In his dancing career, he has won awards such as World International Champions, Open to the World British Champions, British National Champions, Star-World Cup-UK-Champions, and many others.
Who Is Dancer Corky Ballas' Lover At Present?
The ballroom dancer lives a low-profile life and prefers to keep his private details to himself. But he was living with his fiance Carolina Orlovsky who is also a dance coach.
Ballas' sweetheart is 20 years younger than him. In a 2017 interview, the veteran dancer had expressed his intention to marry Carolina in 2018.
"I promised I’d never marry again after Shirley but Carolina and I are so close. I can’t wait to marry her.”
Well, it has been two years, and there is no news of the duo's marriage yet. Currently, he is living in Los Angeles.
Corky also had a fair share of romance and affairs in the past, so let's take a look on his past love life!
Married To a Ball-Room Dancer
The former US Dancing Champion was in matrimony with the English ballroom dancer, Shirley Ballas. The couple wedded in the presence of their family and friends on August 21, 1985.
The dancing pair welcomed their only child Mark Ballas on May 23, 1986. His son walked on the footsteps of his parents and is a dancer, choreographer, musician, and actor.
The couple was living a happy married life with their child, and it continued for many years until the American dancer's affair with dancer Kristina Rihanoff came out in the media.
Corky and Rihanoff started dating when was he was working as the dancing coach of the Russian lady in 2003. This extra-marital affair led to the divorce with his longtime partner Shirley in 2007.
A year after his separation with the English dancer, his chemistry with Kristina also ended, and they split in 2008.
Speaking about his two failed past relationships in an interview, Ballas described his former lovers in a few words.
"Both relationships were so volatile, but Shirley was all fire and Kristina was a pure ice queen.'
Let's hope he finally found his love!
Corky Ballas's Net Worth
Corky has a net worth of $1 million from his career as a professional dancer.
In his illustrious dancing career, he won many national and international competitions around America and Europe. Moreover, he has been endorsed by Pepsi. From such, he is sure to rack in a good fortune.
Check out the clip of Corky Ballas dancing with Cloris Leachman in the "Dancing with the Stars"!
Ballas is also an author to books like "Love, Autonomy, Wealth, Happiness, Health & Success: This is a WONDERFUL book" ($9.95), "Dance With My Kitten," and instructional dance book "See It and Do It Rhumba."
Quick Facts: Corky Ballas
- Corky Ballas was born in Houston, Texas, United States.
- He is the son of Mexico-American flamenco dancer Maria Marulanda and Greek-American George Ballas Sr.
- He grew up with his four siblings; three sisters, Michelle Ballas, Maria Ballas, and Lillian Ballas, and a brother George Ballas.
- Corky and his former partner Shirley were 1996 Open to the World International Champions.
- Along with his ex-wife Shirley, he is an undefeated eight-time United States International Latin champion and three-time British national champion.
- He retired from professional dancing competition in 1996.
- Ballas has trained many "Dancing with the Stars" dancers like Karina Smirnoff, Julianne Hough, Derek Hough, Alec Mazo, his son Mark Ballas, and many others.
- In 2008, he appeared in season 7 of "Dancing with the Stars" and partnered with then 82-year-old actress Cloris Leachman.
- In Season 11, he partnered with American singer and actress, Florence Henderson.
Corky Ballas Affairs
Affair with Carolina Orlovsky
Dancer Corky Ballas is engaged with his fiance Carolina Orlovsky. His sweetheart Carolina is also a dance coach.
Affair with Kristina Rihanoff
Corky Ballas was in a relationship with Kristina Rihanoff. He dated the Russian dancer from 2003 to 2008.