Korean actress, Jun Ji-Hyun aka Gianna Jun is an award-winning and one of the most demanded actresses in Korea. She came to limelight after starring in the romantic comedy film named 'My Sassy Girl' in 2001. She is also popular for her works in the television series like 'My Love from the Star' and 'Legend of the Blue Sea'. Hyun was ranked first among all women and fourth in all women and men real estate celebrity holders of all time in 2014.
Considering Jun's work she won many awards including 35th Baeksang Arts Awards, SBS Drama Awards(4 times), 39th Grand Bell Awards, and Korean Tourism Awards.
Jun Ji-hyun's Personal Life; Know about her Husband, Children
Jun Ji-Hyun aka Gianna Jun is married to her childhood friend, the investment banker Choi Joon-hyuk. They shared the wedding vows on 13 April 2012 at the world famous Shilla Hotel in Jangchung-dong, central Seoul.
More than 600 guests include many celebrities, close friends and family attended the grand wedding. What's more, the wedding was held in one of the most expensive hotels, the Shilla Hotel which costs over $100,000 in minimum as a wedding venue.
The duo were friends from their childhood but started dating from the year 2010. It is said that the couple started developing feelings for one another when Jun took care of Choi when he was hospitalized. Further, they officially started dating from the year 2011. Since then, the pair is together and they recently celebrated their seven years of the marital relationship.
Also, See: Claudia Kim's Personal Life & Relationships
The pair is proud parents of their two children. They welcomed their first child as a son on 10 February 2016 after being married for four years. Afterward, Jun gave birth to her second child a healthy born boy on 26 January 2018.
Jun Ji-hyun's Controversies
Jun Ji-Hyun first fall in controversy when she and six other Korean stars Jung Woo-sung, Kin Suna, Jo In-Sung, Ji Jin-hee, Chaa Tae-Hyun, and Yang Jin-Woo sued the monthly movie magazine Screen in 2006. The stars sued the magazine because Screen was commercially using their pictures without permission. Later, The Seoul Central District Court ruled in 2007 that the publishers would have to pay $4228-$12684 to the individual stars.
Hyun also falls in controversy when police discovered that her agency of 3 years was illegally cloning Jun's cell phone. The agency used to clone the phone to keep tabs on Jun in an attempt to exert control over all aspects of her life. More to that the CEO of the Jun's management company, Jung Hoon-Tak was arrested by the police but later was revealed because of the lack of concrete evidence.
Don't Miss: Hayoung Choi's Personal Life, Husband, Children
IN 2011, Jung Hoon-Tak was again accused of illegally using Jun's bank account to gather profits from a merger and acquisition. Later, the investigation was held by the Financial Supervisory Service and figured out that Jun was aware of such an account existing under her name.
What is the Net Worth of Jun Ji-hyun? Know about his Earnings, Salary
Jun Ji-Hyun possesses a net worth of $15 million. She gathered that wealth with the help of her acting career. In addition, she is one of the most demanded actresses in Korea and the average salary of a Koren actress is $37,000 per year.
Gianna started her career in the film industry with the 1999 Korean romantic film White Valentine. Since then, he worked in many films like II Mare, My Sassy Girl, The Uninvited, Windstruck, Daisy, The Thieves, Assassination, and Blood: The Last Vampire. Besides, some of her blockbuster movies are,
1. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan(2011)
- Budget- $6 million
- Box office collection- $11.3 million
- Stars- Archie Kao, Russell Wong, and Vivian Wu.
- IMDB rating- 6.1 stars
2. The Thieves(2012)
- Budget- $14.1 million
- Box office collection- $86.7 million
- Stars- Kim Hye-soo, Kim Yoon-Seok, and Lee Jung-Jae.
- IMDB rating- 7.9 stars
3. The Berlin File(2013)
- Budget- $9 million
- Box office collection- $46.3 million
- Stars- Ryoo Seung-bum, Ha Jung-woo, and Han Suk-kyu.
- IMDB rating- 7.6 stars
- Budget- $16 million
- Box office collection- $90.9 million
- Stars- Lee Jung-Jae and Ha Jung-woo.
- IMDB rating- 8.3 stars
The 37-year-old actress also tried her luck in the television industry appearing in the 1998 television series named Fascinate My Heart. After that, she starred in many television series like Happy Together, My Love from the Star and Legend of the Blue Sea. Besides, she also performed in the 1998 television show titled SBS Popular Song.
Apart from Jun's acting career, she was also featured in several music videos like Will You Understand, The Beginning of Love, Hey Girl, and Love Is Always Thirsty.
You May Also Like: Chae Soo-bin's Net Worth & Personal Life
June also worked as a celebrity endorser in her career. She earned over $16.91 million in 2014 from advertising and endorsement fees. In fact, she was ranked as the first South Korean female celebrities among the real estate holders in Korea. Following that, she was ranked fourth at that time among all men and females categories as well. In 2016, she again stunned the Korean market after earning $11.83 million from 14 commercials.
Quick facts of Jun Ji-hyun
- Jun Ji-hyun was born on 30 October 1981(age-37 years) as Wang Ji-hyun in Seoul, South Korea.
- She holds Korean nationality and was born under the Scorpio star sign.
- She dreamed to become a flight attendant at the time of her childhood.
- Her first modeling work was for the Ecole Magazine in 1997.
- Jun was encouraged to be either a model or an actress by her mother and her friends because of her tall and slim body shape.
- Considering her work she won many awards including 35th Baeksang Arts Awards, SBS Drama Awards(4 times), 39th Grand Bell Awards, Korean Tourism Awards, and Korean Entertainment Industry Society Awards.
- Jun does not own any official social media accounts but there are many of her fan pages.
- She stands at a height of 5 feet and 8 inches with a pair of attractive black eyes and black hair.
- She has worked in Blood: The Last Vampire with JJ Field.
Don't miss to visit marriedwiki.com/wiki for more exclusive celebrity biographies!!!