Padma Lakshmi is a example of persistence and never giving up to live the best life despite all the challenges. The 49-year-old, despite coming from a broken family, facing sexual assault, failed marriage, and various health scares, established herself as a global star and is living a happy life with daughter and boyfriend.
Padma Lakshmi's Current Boyfriend is Adam Dell, Father of Her Daughter
Padma Lakshmi and Venture capitalist Adam Dell dated for a brief period in 2009. Soon after the breakup, she started a relationship with businessman Teddy Forstmann. While dating Forstmann, she became pregnant and gave birth to a daughter Krishna Thea Lakshmi. At that time, she did not reveal the father of her child.
In 2011, after the death of Teddy, it was revealed that Dell was infact the father of Padma's daughter Krishna. After finding out this fact, Dell filed for the custody of his daughter, and the court granted joint custody and co-parenting, and their daughter was now called Krishna Thea Lakshmi-Dell.
As Laxmi and Dell became close because of their daughter, romance blossomed between them once again. The former couple has now rekindled their romance and is dating since 2017.
Padma Lakshmi's Ex-Husband is Author Salman Rushdie
Padma Lakshmi tied the Knot with novelist Sir Salman Rushdie in 2004 after dating and living for three years. This was the first marriage for the Top Chef host, whereas it was fourth for the award-winning author. Sadly, the marriage did not last long, as the couple filed for divorce in July 2007.
Padma Lakshmi is A Victim of Multiple Sexual Assault
In 2018, Lakshmi revealed that she was sexually assaulted when she was seven years old by her stepfather's relatives. She also disclosed that when she told the incident to her mother and stepfather, she was sent to India for a year. Lakshmi also revealed that She was raped at the age of 16 but did not tell anyone. Only decades after she talked about it with her romantic partners and a therapist.
Padma Lakshmi Is A Multi-Millionaire
Padma Laxmi is a sucessful model, actress, author, and businesswoman. She, however, is best known as a host/Judge of television show Top Chef.
In addition to Top Chef, India born model has also hosted other food shows, including Domenica In and Melting Pot. Her new show, Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi, which redefines the meaning of American food, is streaming in Hulu from June 2020.
Lakshmi, from her various profession, has been able to accumulate quite a fortune. Her Net Worth as of 2020 is $40 million.
Quick Facts: Padma Lakshmi
- Padma Lakshmi was born in Madras(now Chennai), India, but immigrated to the USA at the age of four.
- Her mother Vijaya, is a retired nurse and her father is a retired executive with the Pfizer.
- Her parents divorced when she was two. She grew up with her mother and stepfather.
- She has a younger half-brother and half-sister from her father's side.
- Lakshmi has a seven-inch scar between her elbow and shoulder because of a car accident that happened when she was a teenager.
- She is an alum of William Workman High School, California.
- Lakshmi graduated from Clark University, Massachusetts, with a degree in theater arts and American literature.
- Padma is a co-founder of The Endometriosis Foundation of America and a global ambassador for Keep a Child Alive.
- Lakshmi's ovarian cysts were removed when she was 30, and six years later, she was diagnosed with endometriosis.
- She is multi-lingual. She can speak English, Italian, Spanish, Tamil, and Hindi.
- In 2013, after the death of Teddy, it was rumored that she was in a relationship with Indian Chef Vikas Khanna. The couple denied the relationship, and the rumors faded away.
Visit Marriedwiki for more Celebrity Related Content!!!
Padma Lakshmi Affairs
First Affair with Adam Dell
Adam Dell and Padma Lakshmi first dated in 2009. However, after a brief period, the couple broke up. The former couple reignited their love again in 2017.
Second Affair with Teddy Forstmann
Teddy Forstmann is a former businessman. He died in 2011 at the age of 71 because of brain cancer.