Sophie Ellis-Bextor is an English singer-songwriter. People recognize her as the lead singer of the indie rock band Theaudience in the early 1990s. Her solo debut album Read My Lips reached 2 in the UK albums chart and was certified double platinum by the BPI.
Sophie Ellis-Bextor Married? Who's Her Husband?
Sophie Ellis-Bextor is a married woman. She is married to Richard Jones, a British musician and bass guitar player of "The Feeling" band. They tied a knot on 25 June 2005 in Italy.
The starlet met her partner for the first time in a rehearsal room in 2002. At the time, Sophie was auditioning musicians for her band. Sophie was looking for a good musician but found her soulmate instead.
Bextor and husband Richard Jones have successfully crossed fifteen years of marriage. To date, they are still going strong even after a decade and never engaged in extramarital affairs.
Bextor and Jones are proud parents to five adorable children, namely Sonny, Kit, Ray, and Jesse. The couple's first child was born two months early, only eight months after they began going out together. Four of whom were in school or nursery a month ago, one of whom (Sonny,14) is pursuing a career on his GCEs.
Bextor announced the birth of her son Jesse Jones via Instagram on 3 November 2015. Two months later, she was spotted with her spouse attending the Creme de la Mer VIP dinner at London's famous Sexy Fish. In the same vein, the icon confirmed the arrival of her newborn baby, Mickey Jones, through Instagram on 7 January 2019.
Sophie Ellis-Bextor Net Worth
Ellis-Bextor has an estimated net of $5 million as of 2020. She makes $45,000 to $300,000 per annum from her career as a singer and songwriter. Some of her hit studio albums include Shoot from the Hip, Trip the Light Fantastic, Wanderlust, and Familia.
Sophie Ellis-Bextor is quite popular on social media as well. She joined YouTube on June 3, 2011, in which the singer-songwriter uploads songs from From the Kitchen Disco's greatest hits, podcasts, and Spinning Plates. Today, she's earned 175k subscribers and over 16 million views on YouTUbe.
Bextor endorsed The Independent Group for Change in the 2019 EU Elections. Even more, her dad Robin Bextor was a candidate for the South East Region who only obtained 4.2% votes.
Sophie Ellis-Bextor Quick Facts
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor has short brown hair and alluring blue eyes.
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor's mother, Janet Ellis, was a host on Blue Peter, and her father, Robin Bextor, is a film producer.
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor has a secret friendship with Prince Harry's fiancee Meghan Markle.
- Born an active child, Sophie Ellis-Bextor started performing in childhood, later moving into modeling.
- Before chart success, Sophie developed a fan following in the late 90s as the sultry singer of indie rock band Theaudience.
- Growing up in the world of celebrity taught Sophie Ellis-Bextor, she would have to work keeping her life low key.
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor holds a British nationality and belongs to white ethnicity.
- Sophie Ellis celebrates her birthday every 10th of April.