When a couple makes a lifetime commitment to marriage, it does not always pan out the way they hoped. Some last a relatively long time before the inevitable split while other marital relationships end before they had even begun properly.
Dan Harmon was married for merely a year before he split from his former wife. His fans were filled with despair upon hearing the news. Thankfully, better news followed for the writer pretty soon.
Dan Harmon Dating Anyone Since His Divorce?
Dating Harmon is currently dating the beautiful Cody Heller. The couple has been publicizing their relationship since 2016.
The pair's social media provides every evidence on their dating endeavors. Recently on 29th March 2017, Dan shared an image of his girlfriend on his Instagram captioning it "My butter loving better writing bean".
Likewise, on 2nd April 2017, Dan shared another picture with Cody on his Instagram checking in at the Chicago O’Hare International Airport. The writer expressed his excitement about returning home to his gorgeous lady.
Cody too is active on Instagram. On 2nd April 2017, she shared a funny image of her boyfriend with a weird caption. She wrote: "Can't wait to slather this bitch in sour cream n chives and eat lat"
The couple appears to be enjoying each other's company. The fans are certainly in love with this adorable duo. It remains to be seen when they decide to take their relationship to the next level by exchanging wedding vows.
Dan Harmon's Unsuccessful Married Life
Dan Harmon was previously married to the talented comedian Erin McGathy. The couple tied the knot in November 2014. The ceremony took place at the Los Angeles Natural History Museum.
The guests at their wedding included several celebrities who took to social media to share the pictures and videos. Dan himself shared a picture with Mitch Hurwitz and Joel Hodgson.
The couple's marital life ended up being very brief as they separated merely a year later in 2015. McGathy took to Twitter to announce that she has separated from her husband.
Sad to announce that @danharmon and I are divorcing. We ask that you respect our privacy as we discuss it openly on our respective podcasts— Erin McGathy (@ErinMcGathy) October 11, 2015
In the subsequent tweet, Erin added:
"People may say getting a divorce is an extreme measure for rebooting a podcast, but I'd ask if they heard my interview w/ Rachael Leigh Cook"
The reason for the split was never revealed, although it seems obvious they had some irreconcilable differences. The fact that the pair split after 11 months of married life makes it even more tragic.
Dan Harmon: Quick Facts
- Born on 3rd January 1973 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- His birth sign is Capricorn.
- He graduated from Brown Deer High School in Brown Deer.
- He went to Glendale Community College.
- He attended Marquette University.
- He is a follower of mythologist Joseph Campbell.
- He was a member of the ComedySportz improv group in Milwaukee.
- He is an American producer and writer best known as the creator of the comedy series Community.
- He is the co-creator of Channel 101, the weekly podcast Harmontown, and the animated series Rick and Morty.
- For his work on the show's opening musical number performed by Hugh Jackman, he won an Emmy for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics.
- He created the series Community starring actor Joel McHale.
- He was nominated for an Emmy in 2009 in the category of Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Special.
- He won the Emmy award in 2009 in the category of Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics.
- His net worth is estimated to be $5 million.