“Sometimes divorce isn’t such a tragedy, sometimes staying in an unhappy marriage is a tragedy” and somewhere we all agree on this note.
The ex-wife of Damon Wayans Lisa, after the divorce almost disappeared from the media and it’s been almost 17 years since their official divorce and today both of them are busy in their own lives.
Damon has moved on with his new girlfriend and the big question that remains a mystery is what is Lisa doing these days. Is she dating anyone or secretly married?
Stay with us for more details. Let’s begin!
Lisa Thorner: Single After Divorce; Dating Anyone?
Lisa Thorner is most probably single at present. It seems like she is a one man woman as even after 17 years of split she has not been linked with any other man or there is no news of her current affairs.
Lisa is a very loving mother and the main reason behind her being single is she wants to dedicate her whole life towards her four children.
Despite that, we never heard any rumors of her dating a man or having a boyfriend. Currently, she is busy in her own life and her kids are recognized in Hollywood as one of the top celebrities.
The Relationship Of Lisa Thorner And Ex-husband Damon Wayans
Beautiful former model Lisa exchanged vows with the actor Damon Wayans back on April 24, 1984, soon after the birth of their first son ‘Damon Wayans Jr.’
Their wedding was a private ceremony where only close friends and relatives were invited.
After, 16 years of togetherness, the duo decided to part ways citing irreconcilable differences and finally on October 30, 2000, they officially announced that they were no longer together.
Their divorce news was one of the top headlines of that time that attracted the eyes of mass media and newspaper.
Shared Four Children With Damon Wayans
Lisa has four children with her former spouse ‘Damon Wayans’. She was blessed with two sons Damon Wayans Jr. and Michael Wayans as well as with two beautiful daughters Cara Mia Wayans and Kyla Wayans.
All four of her kids are working in Hollywood today.
Damon Wayans Jr.
Damon Wayans Jr. is the first child of Lisa Thorner and Damon Wayans Sr. His father is a great artist and because of him, he is inspired to be an actor and stand-up comedian.
He is popularly known for his roles in ‘Let’s Be Cops’, his tremendous outstanding performance in the movie was loved by critics and audiences.
He started his acting career at the age of 11-year-old. Similarly, he has been blessed with two daughters from her ex-girlfriend ‘Aja Metoyer’.
Michael Wayans gained fame as an actor and composer. Like his elder brother, he also started acting in movies since 9-year-old with his father’s movie ‘Blankman’ (1994).
Michael is in a long-term relationship with his girlfriend ‘Vanessa’ with whom he has one daughter ‘Ava Marie Jean’.
Cara Mia Wayans
Cara Mia is popularly known for her role in ‘My Wife and Kids’ which was aired in 2001. She made an appearance in Will Smith's music video for the song ‘Just the Two of Us’.
She belongs to the family of actors and that might be the reason for her interest towards acting. The 29 years old beauty is not involved in any relationship until now.
Following his father and siblings footstep, Kyla Wayans also succeeded to make her name in Hollywood. She appeared in a television show called 'My Wife and Kids' along with her sister 'Cara Mia'.
We want to wish Lisa Thorner a very happy and healthy life with her children and grandchildren.
Lisa Thorner: Quick Facts
- She is a former actress and model.
- Came to the limelight after marrying longtime actor-boyfriend Damon Wayans.
- The couple married on April 24, 1984.
- She has four children; two sons and two daughters.
- Lives a very private life and does not prefer any media interference.
- Currently, she is single and is not dating anyone.
Damon Wayans: Quick Facts
- Born on September 4, 1960, in Harlem in New York City.
- Has five sisters and four brothers among them Nadia, Kim, Shawn Wayans, Keenen Ivory Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Dwayne Wayans are actors.
- Attended Murry Bergtraum High School.
- Started his career as a stand-up comedian from the year 1982.
- He defended American comedian Bill Cosby from sexual assault allegations in September 2015.
- Gained huge popularity from the series "My Wife and Kids" from 2001 to 2005.
- In 2016, he appeared as Roger Murtaugh in the TV series Lethal Weapon.
- He was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in early 2013.
- He is currently starring in American buddy cop action comedy-drama TV series Lethal Weapon with Clayne Crawford, Jordana Brewster, Kevin Rahm, and Keesha Sharp.
- His net worth is estimated to be around $35 Million Dollars.