Johnston is possible single. Previously she was in a relationship with David Newsom and Ryan Reynolds.
The two-time Emmy award winner Kristen Johnston for her performance as Sally Solomon in the comedy series 3rd Rock from the Sun is not a new face to us. After facing several ups and downs in her life including the drug and alcohol addiction and her being diagnosed with Lupus Myelitis, Kristen seems to be in a better place right now.
She is currently working in the American satirical comedy series Daytime Divas as Anna Crouse but what about her personal life? is the actress dating someone currently? Who is her boyfriend? We have all the answers!!
Is Kristen Johnston Dating? Who Is Her boyfriend?
The 50-year-old actress Johnston who once confessed she was a drug addict and alcoholic for years is completely clean and sober now. The actress confessed about her struggles with a drug addiction and alcohol back in 2012.
In her confession, she said:
'I’ve been in recovery for five years, and I’ve worked my ass off to prevent a relapse.’ 'My love affair with chemicals started in high school. I loved drinking, being drunk, and all drunk people.’
Actress Kristen Johnston in an event
And as her dating life is concerned the actress has not been in a relationship publicly for a long time. Johnston is possible single these days and we can assume that she is in search of her Mr. Perfect.
Kristen Johnston and David Newsom together in an event
Source: Getty Images
The 3rd Rock from the Sun star was once in a relationship with David Newsom; an American actor, producer, and an exceptional photographer. The couple started dating in 1996 but their relationship didn't last long, and they got a part in 1998.
Kristen Johnston with her former boyfriend Ryan Reynolds
A year later after her separation with Newsom, the actress dated a Canadian artist, Ryan Reynolds in 1999. The pair also spotted together in the premiere of the 1999 film The Green Mile. Their relationship, however, ended after a year of dating. Reynolds is currently married to Blake Lively.
Kristen Johnston And Her Battle With Lupus
Back in November 2013, "The Exes" actress was diagnosed with Lupus Myelitis which is a type of a chronic autoimmune disease that afflicts the spinal cord after several months of painful periods. Johnston disclosed about her Lupus battle in an interview with People in July 2014.
“I went to 17 doctors, and nobody could figure out what was going on. I didn’t know what was going to happen to me.”
She then explained rheumatologist Dr. Daniel J. Wallace finally diagnosed her with lupus myelitis which made her so weak and exhausted:
“If I had to live like that forever, I would have killed myself,”
Johnston also took to Facebook share about her sickness among her fans on 21 September 2014.
Selena Gomez underwent a kidney transplant
Just like Johnston, pop star Selena Gomez also underwent a kidney transplant due to her battle with lupus in September 2017. Gomez's best friend Francia Raisa donated her kidney to her.
Kristen Johnston: Quick Facts
Source: Interview Magazine
- Johnston was born on September 20, 1967, in Washington, D.C., U.S.
- She is 6' (1.83 m) tall.
- Her birth sign is Virgo.
- She studied at St. Eugene's Catholic Grade School and Whitefish Bay High School.
- She graduated from New York University where she earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
- She learned acting at the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School in New York City.
- Johnston started her career with a stage debut in New York's Atlantic Theater Company.
- She made her film debut in "The Debt". She achieved the Best Short at the 1993 Cannes Film Festival for her performance in the movie.
- Her first book "GUTS: the endless follies and tiny triumphs of a giant disaster" was listed as New York Times Bestselling memoir.
- Johnston's estimated net worth is $14 million as per Celebrity net worth while it i about $13 million as per the Richest.