Matthew Trebek is the only son of the late celebrated game show host and veteran TV icon Alex Trebek. His dad became a household name in the United States for his three-decades-long career as a Jeopardy show host.
Who is Matthew Trebek Dating?
The handsome Matthew Trebek is possibly single at present and currently resides in New York with siblings Nicky Trebek, Emily Trebek, and their mother, Jean Currivan Trebek. Matt's sister Nicky owns and designs ROCKIDOL clothing, where she creates custom clothing items. Further, she is inspired by music, leather silver, and good old rock and roll.
In addition to Trebek's parents' love story, Jean and Alex met more than three decades ago. But, it was Alex's second marriage. And, the moment he met Jean, Alex realized she was the one. Even though Jean was 24 years younger, Jean felt Alex was youthful and had no feeling of hesitation for their age gap.
House & Property of Matthew Trebek
Matthew Trebek's father, Alex Trebek, bought him a nearly $2 million townhouse in Harlem in 2015. The townhouse that the Cocoran Group listed as a 3 unit property is based in Harlem's Striver's Row Historic District.
In addition, Trebek's lavish home was a gift from his dad. The building includes two-bedroom, three bathrooms, and a garden duplex. According to Realtor, the townhouse was put on a marker for sale for $2.1 million in May 2015.
How Rich Is Alex Trebek's Son Matthew Trebek?
Matthew's father, Alex Trebek, lost his life after a lengthy battle with stage four pancreatic cancer. He took his last breaths at home surrounded by friends and family on November 8, 2020. And, after his death, his fortunes were divided among his children and wife.
On the other hand, Matthew runs his own restaurants and once said his dad was quite nervous about his choice to open a restaurant. However, today, he owns three in Harlem, New York, and one of the firsts was founded in Harlem titled Oso in May 2016.
Matthew developed a concept for Mexican street food by visiting farmer's markets in Los Angeles throughout his young days. Moreover, Trebek thought of the idea after realizing New York City was missing authentic options.
Not to mention, Matthew Trebek was also inspired to open his restaurant by his two trips to Mexico. As soon as Trebek and his business partner Nodar Moshiashvili found the venue in Harlem; they spent a year renovating it.
In 2019, Matthew expanded his business with two more establishments by opening "Lucille" a coffee shop, cocktail bar, and event space, and a take-out pizza shop called Pizza by Lucille.
The eatery is named after Matthew's grandmother Lucille Trebek. Today, Matthew and his business partners give back by presenting a weekly soup kitchen titled 'Lucille's Family Meal' in Harlem.
Matthew Trebek - Quick Facts
- The Hospitality Industry influenced Trebek partly because of the sense of community.
- Matthew Trebek's mom Jean Trebek advertised the initiative on her website Inside Wink in February 2020
- Matthew currently hosts a weekly soup kitchen.
- Matthew's father was married to Elaine Trebek Kares.
- Trebek earned a degree from Fordham University in 2013.
- Matthew majored in business and communication.
- Matthew Trebek did a part-time job as a bartender and became a mixologist by attending the National Bartenders School in 2011.
- Matthew Trebek wanted to make a career in hospitality after serving at Willow Road in Chelsea.
- Matthew Trebek also learned about restaurant design by working for the contractor who designed Willow Road.
- Matthew attended Campbell Hall Kindergarten and also played football.