We know him as a bad guy portraying the tough roles of villains in movies and series. He is famous for his peculiar characters in hit films like Ray, Dead Presidents, and Total Recall and most familiar as Mikie Milligan on American black crime/comedy-drama series, Fargo.
He is a talented and versatile actor, Bokeem Woodbine. The avid actor has been in the industry for almost 25 years and despite this fact, very little is known about him and his personal life.
He's wicked and despicable as a villain on screen but in reality, he's more of a hero, a loving husband, and a proud father. Let's talk in detail about him in today's section.
Actor Bokeem Woodbine is happily married to wife Mahiely Woodbine since a long time
The Underground 2 series actor Bokeen Woodbine is a happily married man and he has been married to his lovely wife Mahiely Woodbine.
The adorable pair tied knots back in the 2000s and ever since the wonderful couple is celebrating their wedding bliss together.
Actor Bokeem Woodbine (L) of the film 'Ray' and his wife Mahiely (R) arrive at the concert extravaganza 'Genius: A Night For Ray Charles.
Although he is exclusive and bluntly outspoken in his movies, he is far more different, mostly quiet and coy. He has kept his personal life wrapped under the curtains and has not revealed much about it.
Bokeem Woodbine with wife Mahiely saw attending the 'Total Recall' film premiere held at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
All we know is that he's having the best time of his life with a gorgeous wife by his side and they are together without any divorce or affair rumors.
The pair is blessed with a daughter
Bokeem and Mahiely together share an adorable daughter who was born in 2011. They have not revealed the photos of their daughter to the public or media yet.
Also Read: Actor Ricky Schroder divorcing his wife Andrea Bernard after 24 years of marriage. What's happening?
The couple made their appearances together on the red carpets premiere event of the 2010's movie Devil in which Mahiely looked heavily pregnant.
Bokeem Woodbine with pregnant wife Mahiely at the World premiere of 2010's movie, Devil, Source: Hollywood
In an interview, Bokeem shared how he loves spending time with his wife and daughter during holidays. He stated,
"Well, [I would start by saying] that it’s not in my nature to chop people's heads off, per se, or rob a bank or any crazy thing I've done on screen. I'm just comfortable reading a book or spending time with my wife and my daughter at my house."
This happily family of three lives together in their grand house in California.
Quick facts about Bokeem Woodbine
- Born and raised in Harlem, NewYork, Bokeem Woodbine is a popular American actor best known for the comedy/crime series Fargo.
- Woodbine went to Dalton School on Manhattan's Upper East side and later transferred to Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Arts.
- He developed a passion for acting at an early age as his mother too was an actress.
- He went on and gave several auditions, finally grabbing the lead role in the HBO production of Forest Whitaker's directorial debut movie Strapped in 1993.
- He moved to LA and did another movie, Jason's Lyric, a year after his first debut. Eventually, he rose to become one of the most sought-after actors in negative roles.
- His famous movies include Dead Presidents, Black Dynamite, The Breed, Sniper 2, Ray, Devil, The Fifth Commandment, The Butcher, and son on.
- In 2012, he did the box office hit movie, Total Recall alongside, Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Bryan Cranston and John Cho as Colin's best friend.
- He is also known for his work in television series like Fargo for which he won Primetime Emmy Award and Critics Choice Television Award.
- Just recently, it was announced that Bokeem will play one of the villains in the most anticipated movie, Spiderman: Homecoming, joining Michael Keaton and Logan Marshall-Green, the villains. The movie features Tom Holland, Zendaya Coleman, and Robert Downey Jr.
All in all, we wish this wonderful couple best wishes for their future endeavors and wish him good luck for his upcoming movie.