Ashanti has been single for a moment until she spotted a new man in her life and it's reportedly one of Khloe Kardashian's exes. She was previously in a high-profile relationship with rapper Nelly for 10 years until they broke up in 2012.
Ashanti was single for some time until a new man entered her life and apparently, it's one of Khloe Kardashian's exes. She was previously in a high-profile relationship with rapper Nelly for 10 years until they broke up in 2012.
Keeping the past affairs aside, it's her recent love life that's making headlines in the media. Wanna know who's the lucky guy? Let find out.
Ashanti Rumored To Be In Relationship With James Harden
Ashanti, 37, is currently said to be dating NBA player James Harden. After cutting ties from rapper Nelly in 2012, the R&B singer has definitely found another love.
James Harden and Ashanti are rumored to be dating
A source close to Harden said,
"James Harden put Ashanti up at a Houston hotel, then she sat with his family at the game and he bought her flowers."
"They are 100% in a relationship."
Neither of the two has gone public about their relationship but some of Ashanti's Instagram posts at a Houston Rockets game definitely meant something about the pair. The post was captured by Terez Owens.
The 28-year-old MVP front-runner was previously in a relationship with Khloe Kardashian that ended in 2016.
We wish to know more about the pair in the following days. If the speculations are true, let's congratulate the couple.
Ashanti Previously Dated Rapper Nelly
The 'Concrete Rose' singer famously dated rapper Nelly for nearly a decade. The couple maintained their relationship under the radar for years.
They collaborated on the song 'Body On Me' in 2009. Though they were so much into each other, the 'Foolish' singer revealed about their private breakup during The Meredith Vieira Show on 13 May 2013.
Ashanti with her ex-boyfriend Nelly
She addressed that she broke up with her boyfriend over trust issues. She said,
"I think sometimes when people have their own insecurities, it allows them to act out of character. I’ve been betrayed. Again, you just have to grow, you have to grow up and accept responsibilities for the things that you do."
Further, she added,
"I think it’s really important to know yourself and understand what you want and get it. I’m in a different place right now."
Shortly after separating from Ashanti, he dated Shantel Jackson.
During the same talk show, she went personal and spoke about a man who stalked her since 2003.
Devar Hurd stalked her for more than 10 years that made her visit court several times to deal with the issue.
Ashanti: Quick Facts
- Born on 13 October 1980 in Glen Cove, New York.
- Her birth sign is Libra.
- She's named after the Ashanti Empire in Ghana.
- Her mother discovered her singing talent when she was singing Mary J. Blige's 'Reminisce'.
- She started her acting career as a child artist in Spike Lee's Malcolm X.
- Following her successful collaborations with Fat Joe and Ja Rule, she made her debut single 'Foolish'.
- Her debut album earned many awards including eight Billboard Music Awards, a Grammy, and two American Music Awards.
- Her second album, Chapter II released in 2003 peaked at number one on the Billboard 200.
- She made her feature film debut in Coach Carter in 2005 alongside Rob Brown, Channing Tatum, Samuel L. Jackson, and Rick Gonzalez.
- She has an estimated net worth of about $20 million as stated by the Richest whereas it's about $18 million as of Celebrity net worth.