Jon Batiste is one of the globally recognized musicians and bandleaders who recorded and performed with several artists, including Stevie Wonder, Prince, Willie Nelson, and Ed Sheeran. Besides, Battiste is also the music director of The Atlantic magazine and the Creative Director of the National Jazz Museum in Harlem.
Is Jon Batiste Dating Suleika Jaouad?
Musician Jon Batiste has never been married, but he has been dating journalist and author Suleika Jaouad for more than years. His girlfriend, Suleika, wrote the "Life, Interrupted" column, published by the New York Times, and also has penned for Vogue, Glamour, Women's Health, and many other publications.
Over the past few decades, there have been numerous speculations regarding Jon Batiste's sexuality and personal life. While many assume the pianist to be straight, and some claimed that he might be a gay man.
But, uninfluenced by the gossips and rumors, Jon falsified the speculations when he announced he was in a relationship with Suleika for over a decade. Batiste has been involved in a long-term relationship with Emmy award-winning writer Suleika Jaouad. And, Batiste might pop the question soon too.
Jon Batiste Supported Cancer-Survived Girlfriend
Jonathan Batiste stood by the side of his beloved girlfriend Suleika Jaouad amidst her battle with bone marrow transplant surgery. Suleika previously fought cancer for years. Though doctors mentioned she only had a 35% chance of surviving in the long run, neither Jon nor Suleika lost their hope for life.
Having the back of her boyfriend and his love, Suleika eventually survived cancer. Jaouad underwent her first chemotherapy at age 23 in 2012. Speaking of their whereabouts, Jonathan first met Suleika at a band camo about 17 years ago.
After kindling romance for few years, they made several PDA appearances. And their amazing chemistry could make any happily married couple envious. In 2018, both Jon and Suleika attended the New York screening of Quincy. They even became part of the 60ths Grammy Awards in September 2018.
Jon Batiste's Net Worth Collection
Jon Batiste was already popular before he officially entered this world as he belongs to a wealthy and globally celebrated family background. Some of his reputed family members include Harold Batiste, Alvin Batiste, Jon Batiste, Lionel Batiste, Russell Batiste Jr.
Batiste has released many studio albums, including 2016's Christmas with Jon Batiste. In March 2021. Jon released his latest album, We Are, which includes the fantastic single "I Need You."
Similarly, in 2014, Batiste and his band Stay Human appeared on The Colbert Report to perform the group's single "Express Yourself." Subsequently, the squad was announced as the house band on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Since then, they've performed alongside Billy Joel, John Legend, and Will Smith.
Jon Batiste - Quick Facts
- Jon Batiste's father, Michael Batiste, is a bassist who performed with Jackie Wilson and Issac Hayes on the Chitlin Circuit in the 60s and 70s. His dad established the Batiste Brothers Band, which comprises seven brothers who played R&B, soul, funk, and New Orleans music.
- Jon Batiste's parents, Jean Batiste and Estelle Batiste owned a grocery store and hardware store in the 9th ward of New Orleans.
- Born in Metairie, Louisiana, but grew up in Kenner, Louisiana. Batiste played percussion at 8 with his family's band, the Batiste Band before he switched to piano11.
- Batiste attended the St. Augustine High School New Orleans Center for Creative Arts, graduating in 2004.
- Earned a degree of Bachelor of Music in 2011 before achieving a Master of music in 2013.
- While studying at Julliard, Jon came up with his second album, Live in New York: At Rubin Museum of Arts.
- At age 20, Jonathan made his debut in the Royal Concertgebouw in Amsterdam.
- Produced and performed his own shows conducting music classes all around the Netherland in inner-city schools.
Jon Batiste Affairs
First Affair with Suleika Jaouad
Jon Battiste, a jazz pianist has been dating an author and journalist Suleika Jaouad for more than a decade. They are not yet married but spending a quarantine together.