Chief Keef has made his mark as one of the top rappers in the music industry. American rapper and record producer Keef who first became popular among high school friends from Chicago announced his retirement from rap in 2016. The announcement stunned many but he made an instant come back, which was, in fact, a relief for many.
Not only his music but he grabbed huge media attention for varied reasons including some legal issues. His personal life is as interesting as his professional life, but the father of four has kept his dating life and private affairs low-ley. Is he married or dating someone? We have all the details here.
Chief Keef's Current Relationship Status And Family Life
Keef became the father of a baby girl named Kayden Kash Cozart in 2011 when he was just 16 years of age.
In 2013, another woman claimed that he is the father of her daughter named Kimora Sosha Kozart. Later, DNA documents proved that he's the baby's father. He was ordered to pay child support to the baby mama in November 2013.
He became the father for the third time and this time he proudly announced the birth of his first son in September 2014. He named him Krue Karter Cozart.
Keef gained media attention when he named the fourth child Sno Filmon Dot Com Cozart. His new baby mama agreed to give him the name as it was fully intended to promote the release of the album Bang 3 in 2015.
View this post on Instagram
Being the father of four, Keef's dating history and current relationship status have been a mystery among his fans. He is active on social media sharing adorable posts of his children but his romantic life is maintained far behind.
We can hardly assure whether he's dating someone or he's still single. He might be very busy upgrading his professional career so he's not giving enough time for his personal life.
Chief Keef's Career And Controversy
Keef began rapping at a very young age using his mother's karaoke machine and blank tapes to record his music. He made an early fan base from local South Side that included high school friends in the area.
View this post on Instagram
In March 2016, he announced that he's retiring from rapping. Though he made such declaration, he was featured in MSK's song 'Young Man' the same year. In that way, he came in the list of rappers including Nicki Minaj, Lupe Fiasco, and Jay Z who claim to retire and quickly made a comeback in the musical journey.
He came with his third album 'Dedication' on 1st December 2017. The Guardian declared 'Dedication' as Keef's "most satisfying album to date."
His success has long been followed by some of the legal issues. In January 2011, he was arrested on charges of heroin manufacture and distribution.
In September 2012, he was being investigated for being a suspect being involved in the shooting death of fellow rapper Joseph Coleman. He was also involved in the feud with hip-hop artists including Lupe Fiasco, Quavo of Migos and other members of Glo Gang.
Chief Keef: Quick Facts
- Born on 15 August 1995 in Chicago, Illinois to the family of Lolita Carter and Alfonso Cozart.
- His mother was just 16 years of age when he was born.
- He is estranged from his biological father when he was still a child.
- He attended Dulles Elementary School and the Banner School.
- He is a Dyett High School dropped out at the age of 15.
- His popular street single 'I Don't Like' was remixed by rapper Kanye West.
- He released his debut single entitled Finally Rich in 2012.
- He gained wide popularity for his albums including Nobody, Band 3, Thot Breaker and Back From the Dead 3.
- His style is highly influenced by artists like 21 Savage and Lil Uzi Vert.
- He encountered several legal issues including house arrest sentences and weapon possession charges.
- He has an estimated net worth of about $1 million at present.