Award-winning actress and singer, Audra McDonald is widely famous for her theatre and stage work. She worked in many television series like Wit, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Grey's Anatomy, and films like Beauty and the Beast. McDonald is also popular for working in the theatre shows like The Secret Garden, Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill, Passion and many more.
Audra won the Tony Awards(6 times), Drama Desk Award(5 times), Outer Critics Circle Award(5 times) and Primetime Emmy Award throughout her career. She is the youngest actor ever to win three Tony Awards. She was awarded the National Medal of Arts by President Barack Obama for 2015 on 2016.
Personal Life of Audra McDonald; Know about her Husband, Children, Past Relationships
Audra McDonald is presently married to the American actor and singer Will Swenson. The pair is a happy couple and are together for over six years. Moreover, this coming October, the duo will be celebrating their seven years of a marital relationship.
The couple shared the wedding vows on 6th October 2012 following their nine months engagement day which was held in January 2012. The wedding was held in a private ceremony among their close friends and family.
The pair welcomed their only child together who is a daughter named Sally James McDonald-Swenson born in October of 2016. Besides, Audra is a stepmom of Will's two sons named Bridger Swenson and Sawyer McDonald.
McDonald was previously married to the bassist named Peter Donovan. The duo tied the knot in the September of 2000 in a private ceremony. They initially shared the good bond but they faced many complications in their relationship, therefore, they decided to part their ways. Further, they divorced in 2009, following their eight years of the marital relationship.
Audra and her ex-spouse, Peter were the proud parents of their daughter named Zoe Madeline Donovan. Their daughter was named after McDonald's close friend and Master Class co-star Zoe Caldwell.
The 48-year-old actress is out of any media controversies regarding her personal as well as professional life. She is focused on her career and is living a blissful life with the love of her life. Additionally, she is an active person on social media and prefers to post many posts regarding her daily life and professional life.
How much is the Net Worth of Audra McDonald? Know about her Salary, Earnings
Audra McDonald holds a net worth of $2 million, all thanks to her acting and singing career. In addition, the average salary of a film actress is $17.00 per hour and $81,000 per year whereas the average salary of television is $9-$100 per hour. Similarly, the average salary of a singer is $45,000-$65,000 annually, however, it depends upon the number of album one publishes in a year and the number of concerts he/she does.
View this post on Instagram
McDonald started her film career, working in the German comedy-drama film Seven Servants in 1996. After which, she appeared in many films like The Object of My Affection, It Runs in the Family, Rampart, Beauty and the Best and many more. Some of her blockbuster movies are,
1. The Object of My Affection(1998)
- Budget- $15 million
- Box office collection- $46.9 million
- Stars- Jennifer Aniston, Paul Rudd, and Tim Daly.
- IMDB rating-
2. Ricki and the Flash(2015)
- Budget- $30 million
- Box office collection- $41.3 million
- Stars- Meryl Streep, Mamie Gummer, and Sebastian Stan.
- IMDB rating- 5.9 stars
3. Beauty and the Beast(2017)
- Budget- $160-$255 million
- Box office collection- $1.264 billion
- Stars- Emma Watson, Luke Evans, and Josh Gad.
- IMDB rating- 7.2 stars
The Rampart actress also tried her hands in the television industry after performing in the 1999 musical-comedy-drama named Annie. Since then, she worked in various popular television series like Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Wit, Kidnapped, Grey's Anatomy, BoJack Horseman. Besides, she is currently starring in the American legal web television series named The Good Fight.
Apart from her acting career, she is a popular theatre performer. Firstly, she worked as a replacement for the role of Ayah in the show entitled The Secret Garden. Then, she worked in numerous shows including Carousel, Master Class, Ragtime, Marie Christine, Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill. Meanwhile, she recently completed the show named Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune in 2019.
Quick facts of Audra McDonald
- Audra McDonald was born on July 3, 1970, in West Berlin Germany as Audra Ann McDonald under the star sign Cancer.
- She holds American nationality.
- She is a daughter of mother Anna Kathryn and father Stanley McDonald Jr.
- She was raised in Fresno, California with her two elder sibling sisters.
- Audra studied and graduated from the Roosevelt School of the Arts program within Theodore Roosevelt High School in Fresno.
- She graduated from The Juilliard School in 1993.
- She is an active concert performer who worked with musical organizations such as New York Philharmonic and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
- The Beauty and The Beast actress is the first ever women to win the three Tony Awards.
- Considering her work she won many awards including Tony Awards(6 times), Drama Desk Award(5 times), Outer Critics Circle Award(5 times), Theatre World Award, Ovation Award, Emmy Award and many more. Besides all this, she was awarded the National Medal of Arts by President Barack Obama for 2015 on September 22, 2016.
- Audra is an active person on social media and uses Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter from time to time. Until now, she gathered over 119k+ followers on Instagram, 83.3k+ followers on Facebook, and 215k+ followers on Twitter.
- She stands at a height of 5 feet and 8 inches with a pair of black eyes and black hair.
Take a look at the Interview of Audra McDonald giving an interview on YouTube;
Visit marriedwiki.com/wiki for more wiki's.