Recently released movie, The Post collected a massive profits in the Box Office and the role of Ben Bradlee played by Tom Hanks was loved by fans. As the editor of The Washington Post, Tom�s role to expose massive government coverup secrets is praised by critics. Tom Hanks, with his passion for acting has combined his love for history in The Post. The movie had a massive Box Office earning but can he succeed in his run for the third Oscar Award from his upcoming movies? From a theatre actor to a 2 times Oscar wiining actor, Tom Hank's managed to become one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood.
The recently released movie, The Post collected massive profits at the Box Office and the role of Ben Bradlee played by Tom Hanks was highly appreciated by critics as well as fans. As the editor of The Washington Post, Tom’s role to expose massive government coverup secrets is praised by critics.
From a theatre actor to bagging a two Oscars, Tom Hanks has managed to become one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood. With his passion for acting, he has piled up an enormous amount of net worth in his entire lifetime. Don't believe us, let's have a look!
How Did Tom Hanks Become One Of The Highest Paid Actors in Hollywood? A short Glimpse of His Career And Net Worth
Tom started his career during college when he auditioned for Community Theatre Play and asked by the director to come to Cleaveland. In 1994 Tom was selected for the supporting role in Splash but eventually was given the lead role in the movie. The movie became a Box Office success. His movies Big, A League of Their Own and Sleepless in Seattle also became a box office hit.
In 1993, his performance in Philadelphia for which Hanks lost weight as a gay lawyer with AIDS who sues his firm for discrimination was highly praised by critics. He won his first ‘Oscar’ for the movie Philadelphia and for his outstanding performance critic Leah Rozen praise him with beautiful words stating,
"Above all, credit for Philadelphia's success belongs to Hanks, who makes sure that he plays a character, not a saint. He is flat-out terrific, giving a deeply felt, carefully nuanced performance that deserves an Oscar."
Followed by Philadelphia, Hanks performed in one of the most blockbuster movies of all time “Forrest Gump”
Tom Hank's First Oscar for Philadelphia
The movie grossed a worldwide total of over $600 million at the box office
Hanks won his second academy award for the best actor and became the only second actor to have won the Oscar in two consecutive movies.
Tom Hanks won Oscar for Forrest Gump
Hanks also performed in hit movies like Apollo 13 (1995), Toy Story(1995), That Thing You Do(1996), The Da Vinci Code(2006). In 2017 he played a lead role alongside Emma Watson in 2017 movie The Circle. His latest movie The Post(2018) made a worldwide total Box Office earnings of $154,731,899. He will be voicing for 2019’s upcoming movie Toy Story 4.
How Much is Tom Hanks Net Worth?
As of 2018, the 61 year old Tom Hank’s has a net worth of total $350 million. Hanks has also performed in many successful movies that made enormous Box office Earnings. Below is his list of net worth in different years.
· 2012 = $26 Million
· 2011 = $35 Million
· 2010 = $45 Million
· 2009 = $35 Million
· 2007 = $74 Million
· 2006 = $74 Million
· 2004 = $27 Million
· 2003 = $55 Million
· 2002 = $45 Million
· 2000 = $20 Million
Hanks has also played in many blockbuster movies that made good earnings in Box Office. Here's the list of them
- Philadelphia (1993)
- Production Budget = $26 million
- Box Office collection $206,678,440
- IMDb Ratings = 7.7/10
- Nominated for 5 Oscars including two wins.
- Cast Members = Denzel Washington, Roberta Maxwell, Buzz Kilmanand others.
2. Forrest Gump (1994)
· 3. The Post (2017)
- Production Budget = $50 Million
- Box Office Collection = $154,731,899
- IMDb Rating = 8/10
- Nominated for two Oscars.
- Cast Members = Meryl Streep, Alison Brie, Bob Odenkirk and others.
4. Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
- Production Budget= $21 million
- Box Office Collection= $227.8 million
- IMDb rating= 6.8/10
- Cast Member= Meg Ryan, Ross Mallinger
He has made amassed $4.4 billion from his movies the s in U.S. alone. He made $18 million from The Da Vinci Code (2006) and $50 million from Angels & Demons (2009).
Houses and Cars
Tom and his wife Rita Wilson sold 2 properties for $23.5 Million. He owns 3 other multi-million properties in the Pacific Palisades areas. As per the Los Angeles Times, Hanks and Wilson were leasing one of their Pacific Palisades homes for $7,5000 a month.
Their biggest house is a $26 million house in Malibu that has four bedrooms, five bathrooms and covers 14,500 square feet. He also owns a house in Sun Valley, Idaho.
Tom Hank's Biggest House in Malibu
He owns a Toyota RAV4 EV worth $49,800, a Toyota Prius that costs from ($24,000-$27,630) a Chevrolet worth $51000 and a the classic Mercedez Benz S-class worth $122,750. He loves wearing a Rolex Milgauss watch that's worth more than $8000.
Tom Hank's Toyota Prius, Source Muzul
Tom Hanks has an endorsement deal with or has endorsed the following brands and products namely
Tom Hank’s Charity Works
Below is a list of charities that Hank’s has supported on.
· American Foundation for AIDS Research
· Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
· BID 2 BEAT AIDS
· Cancer Research Institute
· Celebrity Fight Night Foundation
· Children's Health Fund
· Elevate Hope Foundation
· Elizabeth Dole Foundation
· Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
· Entertainment Industry Foundation
· Got Your 6
· Healthy Child Healthy World
· Hole in the Wall Gang
· Joining Forces
· K9 Connection
· Lifeline Energy
· Madison Foundation
· Motion Picture and Television Fund Foundation
· Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center
· National Space Society
· ONE Campaign
· Onyx and Breezy Foundation
· Parkinson Society Maritime Region
· Pearl Harbor Memorial Fund
· Red Cross
· Stand Up To Cancer
· Surfrider Foundation
· The Rainforest Foundation
· Women in the World Foundation
Tom Hanks: Quick Facts
Source: Stephen King Wiki
- He was born on July 9, 1956, in Concord, California, USA.
- His birth sign is Cancer
- He stands 1.83 m tall.
- He is the second person to win two consecutive Oscars.
- He is half English, Portuguese and more distant German.
- His best friend is Hollywood actor Tim Allen.
- He has total four children, three sons- Colin Hanks, Chester Marlon Hanks, Truman Theodore Hanks and one daughter named Elizabeth Hanks.
- Tom Hanks and Abraham Lincoln comes from same ancestors.
- His dream was to become an astronaut.
- He contributed $50,000 to Barack Obama's presidential inauguration.