Tyrese Gibson is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, actor, model, VJ, and screenwriter. In his many years in the acting field, he has played in numerous commercially and critically acclaimed movies. He has been one of the most recognizable faces on screen. Some of his famous works are Fast and Furious franchise, Four Brothers, Transformers film series, etc.
Is Tyrese Gibson's Married? IF So, Who Is His Partner?
Tyrese Gibson is currently married to his beautiful wife, Samantha Lee. His partner is a social worker and works to rescue and fight for trafficked victims.
The singer first met his sweetheart through a mutual friend in 2016. Shortly after the meeting, the two started dating and fell in love. They publicly came out as lovers in December 2016.
Just a few months after appearing as lovers, the American actor and his partner tied the knot on the day of Valentine's day on February 14, 2017. Their wedding was done in a secret ceremony attended only by close ones.
From his relationship with Samantha, the two welcomed their first child, daughter Soraya Lee Gibson on October 01, 2018.
Marking the birth of his child, Gibson uploaded the footprints of his newborn with a short caption the same day:
"Father God we love you for delivering on your promise princess Soraya Lee Gibson is here...... 8 pounds 6 Oz our lives just changed forever....... #PrincessGibson #ShaylasLittleSister #SamanthaGibsonGreatestMotherOfAllTime my wife is the real champion 30 hours of labor I witnessed first hand the strength of a woman..... Thank you, Jesus, we are so humbled by your grace and love and favor.... #Amen
Tyrese is living a joyous life with his family, and he often posts pictures and videos with his spouse on his social media.
Married For A Short Time And Divorced
You might have seen or heard many Hollywood celebrities' failed married life well, count the "I Wanna Go There" singer as one of such personalities. Before his current marriage, he was in wedlock with Norma Mitchell.
Tyrese and Norma walked down the aisle on December 02, 2007. The pair welcomed their first and only kid daughter Shayla Somer Gibson in 2007. Unfortunately, their marriage could not be happy ever after as they could not live together for even two years. The duo officially divorced in 2009.
Tyrese Gibson's Net Worth
From his two decades of a successful professional career in singing, acting, and modeling, Tyrese has a net worth of $5 million. He received $750,000 for his works in "2 Fast 2 Furious" (2003). The numbers must have surely increased over the years, and with the new "Fast and Furious" film coming later this year, his net worth will surely increase soon.
The "Four Brothers" actor also owns a luxurious 25,000 square-foot house in Georgia. Reportedly, the lavish home cost him $4 million in which he lives with his lovely wife, Samantha.
The six storied home has seven bedrooms, nine and a half bath home, an elevator, private backyard with a pool, a 4,000 bottle wine cellar, theater room, gym, and many other features. The actor is sure to live his life to the fullest.
Apart from acting, singing, and modeling, the multi-talented celeb is also an author of a few books. He published his memoir "How to Get Out of Your Own Way" (Price= $12.56 on Amazon) on April 07, 2011.
Gibson co-authored with Rev. Run to publish his second book "Manology: Secrets of Your Man's Mind Revealed" (Price= $12.28 ) on February 05, 2013. Upon its release, the book went on to be a New York Times bestseller. The actor is currently working on his third book, "Black Rose."
Tyrese is not just good on screen, he is also good on the inside, over the years, he has been actively involved in charities works and associated himself with various non-profit organizations like National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), UNICEF, and We Charity.
In 2014, he hosted the "Benefit Concert for Our Girls of Nigeria" event by UNICEF. The event collected over $300,000.
In her career, Gibson has played in numerous movies ad television series, including many hit ones. However, his most notable work has to be in the "Fast and the Furious" series, where he portrays one of the lead cast members, Roman Pearce.
Check out the clip of Tyrese Gibson's starred movie "2 Fast and 2 Furious" (2003)!
Tyrese was also a regular member of the Transformers film series. In the sci-fi movie, he took the role of Sergent Robert Epps. Similarly, he worked with actors Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel, John Turturro, and Megan Fox.
Quick Facts: Tyrese Gibson
- Tyrese Gibson was born and raised in Watts, Los Angeles, California.
- He is the son of Priscilla Murray Gibson and Tyrone Gibson.
- After his father left the family, his single mother raised him and his three older siblings; two sisters, Salendra Gibson, Shonta Gibson, and a brother Tyrone Gibson.
- The actor studied at Locke High School in Watts, Los Angeles.
- Later, Tyrese enrolled at Florida A&M University.
- He first caught the attention of people when he showed his singing skills by singing the phrase Always Coca-Cola in the 1993 Coca-Cola advertisement.
- Later, he also appeared in advertisements for brands like Guess and Tommy Hilfiger.
- Tyrese was just 16 years old when he bought his first home.
- He released his debut single "Nobody Else" in 1998.
- Tyrese's debut solo album is "Tyrese," which released in 1998 went on to become Platinum.
- His single "Stay" won the Song of the Year award in 2012.
- Gibson's songs "Sweet Lady," "How U Gonna Act Like That," "Open Invitation," "Three Kings with Ginuwine and Tank as TGT," and "Shame" was nominated for Grammy Awards.
- His debut film was "Baby Boy," on which he starred alongside Omar Gooding, Ving Rhames, and Taraji P. Henson.
- In 2015, he danced with legendary American singer Patti Labelle while singing his song "Shame."
- He was one of People Magazine's Sexiest Men of the Year in 2000.
- Singer Luke James considers Tyrese as one of the inspiring figures in his career.
- Gibson starred alongside Naomie Harris in the recently released action thriller movie "Black and Blue" (2019).
- He stated that his biggest musical influence is the late singer Tupac Shakur.
- His upcoming movies are "Fast & Furious 9" and "Morbius," both scheduled to release in 2020.
- The 1.80 meters tall actor has ochlophobia, which is the fear of owls.
- The talented actor bears a resemblance to retired baseball player Bob Gibson.
- He was also the VJ for "MTV Jams Countdown."
- The award-winning singer has nine tattoos inked on his body.